Author Topic: GSX Door Edit and EZDOK / P3D **SOLVED**  (Read 4357 times)

mattd319

GSX Door Edit and EZDOK / P3D **SOLVED**
« on: August 27, 2016, 05:20:46 pm »
Hello - I seem to have an issue when editing the door parameters, using EZDOK and P3D V3.

The left and right arrow keys used to slew left and right, however, now nothing happens when I click these buttons.  I tried to click "Disable EZCA when Slew Mode is Active" however same issue. Also tried clicking Global Disable, but same story.  Essentially, in slew mode, I can only move around using my joystick, but no keys to edit the door parameter...any ideas?  Thank you
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 01:38:24 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Door Edit and EZDOK / P3D
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 05:38:55 pm »
The problem has been already discussed and answered here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14266.msg105190.html#msg105190

Have you tried restoring the Slew keys to default ?

mattd319

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 10:23:10 pm »
Thank you for your reply.  Unfortunately restoring to defaults still doesn't allow me to move the arrow around...nothing happens.

To confirm from the link posted, adjusting the "Default Control Settings Page" refers to the P3D Page?  I only see 3 buttons which refer to "Slew" commands in P3D, or I am looking in the wrong location? Thank you.

mattd319

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 03:37:52 am »
Disregard - in P3D I had to click the Flight Mode drop-down to edit the Slew forward, backward, left, right commands to the arrow keys and that worked. 

Also (FYI for anyone else), you cannot have the Studio window open when in the editor, it seems. 

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 03:14:54 pm »
Also (FYI for anyone else), you cannot have the Studio window open when in the editor, it seems. 

Thank you for the report, we'll try to remind about this.

b1ackcr0w

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 04:26:40 pm »
I have the same problem, Only (AFAIK), I'm not using EZDOK! I am using OpenFSI, which has a camera system similar to EZDOK integrated into it, but all those features are switched off. I've also tried the 3D editor with OpenFSI not started.

I've tried resetting the defaults under Slew Mode. but nothing seems to work. I can edit the settings in the GSX dialogue, but cannot seem to move the markers at all in 3D editor mode.

Any ideas?

P3D V3.3.5
Win 10

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 07:14:43 pm »
I've tried resetting the defaults under Slew Mode. but nothing seems to work. I can edit the settings in the GSX dialogue, but cannot seem to move the markers at all in 3D editor mode.

If the other addon has taken the default Slew keys, it's doesn't matter if you reset them to default: it will still be able to "take" them, regardless to what they are mapped.

As I already explained in the referenced thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14266.msg105186.html#msg105186

If another 3rd party program ALSO intercepts the default Slew events (rather than reading the key itself), changing them won't do anything, since both GSX and that other addon will then continue to compete in the usage of the same (now different) keys.

You simply cannot use them together. Of course, GSX does the correct thing, and it GIVES BACK the Slew key events to the sim, when you are done with the GSX editor. It doesn't "keep" the event for itself for more than it's necessary, and it's expected that all other addons will do the same.

For example, if this camera addon has a "global" hotkey that enable/disable the custom camera system, it should take the default Slew events only AFTER you pressed the key to enable it, and it should give them back to the sim when you pressed it again to disable it.

If it's not working like this, then you can expect it will conflict with lots of other products, not just GSX.

b1ackcr0w

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 12:58:03 am »
Ah Thanks for the reply.

Good News! I found that If I hadn't started Opus FSI at all during my session, that released the F1 and F4 slews, and that i needed to press shift to select some of the correct num pad controls.

All is now well, and I've spent a pleasant evening setting up GSX for just about everything :)