Author Topic: P3D upgrade and GSX no longer working **SOLVED**  (Read 3948 times)

robsgam

P3D upgrade and GSX no longer working **SOLVED**
« on: August 15, 2016, 04:12:00 am »
I updated P3D and GSX stopped working. By that I mean that the menu does not display via hot key or via menu bar.  Everything shows up correctly on the menu.  I've installed content. I've uninstalled GSX reinstalled it all over again and get the same results.

How do I get real support for this?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 02:19:11 pm by virtuali »

jonny520

Re: P3D upgrade and GSX no longer working
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 02:58:09 am »
I have the same exact issu and im trying EVERYTHING to fix it

robsgam

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 07:23:54 pm »
Does tech support respond here?  Am I asking for help in the wrong place?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 09:35:01 am »
Does tech support respond here?  Am I asking for help in the wrong place?

The issue, which has been discussed so many times on the forum, doesn't have anything to do with GSX, which explains why it cannot be fixed by reinstalling GSX.

It's a P3D installation problem that, if you upgrade P3D using the "Client" installer, the files needed to support the new menu styles won't be installed, which results in ALL 3rd PARTY addons with a menu stop working, not just GSX, but also FS Passengers, SODE, and countless of other 3rd party apps that displays an in-game menu.

The issue can be fixed by installing the P3D "Content" or the P3D "Full" installer.

robsgam

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 05:59:46 pm »
I've installed every P3D installer there is including content.  I have read every post.  Everything is working except GSX.  I'd like some assistance in troubleshooting this. I'd be more than happy to allow support access to my PC to look at the issue. http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy205/Rob_Sgambellone/gsx_zpstrps3ixu.jpg
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 11:38:08 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 11:43:46 pm »
I've installed every P3D installer there is including content.  I have read every post.  Everything is working except GSX

I'm sorry but, since you said:

By that I mean that the menu does not display via hot key or via menu bar.  Everything shows up correctly on the menu.

It means GSX is installed correctly, since (according to your report) you DO have its menu. If GSX wasn't working for some reason, you wouldn't have its menus under the "Addons" menu.

The most common (by far) reason for this, is that you failed to install the "Content" or the Content installation didn't go well for some reason.

If you are SURE that other 3rd party with a in-game transparent menu are working, then it might be another issue, and it might just that GSX is trying to tell you something about WHY it cannot be started, but you have turned down the "Verbosity" slider too low, suppressing all GSX warnings.

Maybe it's trying to tell you must stop engines or enable parking brakes, or it's trying to tell you the airport file has a problem, but you cannot see the messages because you turned down Verbosity slider all the way down so, check that.

Also, check if you have the "Airport Cache loaded successfully" message when starting the sim.

robsgam

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 02:30:28 pm »
I was wrong about the in-game transparent menus working. The in game menus were showing up but not the transparent ones like ASN WX request.  I missed that point. That was a misunderstanding on my part.  After uninstalling content and repairing the full installation along with reinstalling GSX, it is finally working.
Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 03:25:45 pm by robsgam »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 02:19:05 pm »
After uninstalling content and repairing the full installation along with reinstalling GSX, it is finally working.

I was quite sure of it...