Author Topic: Wrong Handlers  (Read 4713 times)

humberside

Wrong Handlers
« on: August 13, 2016, 11:53:40 am »
Hi,

At CYUL the only ground handlers available to me are FEDEX and UPS.

How can I get handlers such as ACA.

Thanks

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Wrong Handlers
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 02:22:03 pm »
Download the paint kit, the manual explains how to set handler priorities at airports.  If FedEx and UPS have higher priority at CYUL than ACA, that's what you'll get.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

humberside

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 02:58:17 pm »
Ok thanks, I only ask because at every other airport I get a list of handlers to chose from, where at YUL it's only a list of 2 (at an airport where ACA is a major airline and FEDEX & UPS don't even fly into YUL)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 04:50:13 pm »
As an example, looking at the sim.cfg file for the baggage loaded, FedEx has a line reading couatl.icaoprefixes=K C E L KMEM PANC KIND KEWR KOAK CYYZ ZGGG KMIA. Umberto will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that means any airport starting with K C E or L, in addition to the eight airports specified, would see FedEx baggage loaders.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

humberside

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 06:13:13 pm »
Ok thanks, I will have a play round

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 02:36:36 pm »
There's no need for the PaintKit documentation anymore, unless you really want to "paint" a new livery.

The latest Live Update we released August 10th, added the ability in the parking customization screen to override the default priorities and specify your own operators freely (of course, their livery must be available in GSX).

You can also edit the parking Type, which might be useful to fix some 3rd party airports (FlyTampa used this method, so you might want to do this in your case) where everything is flagged as Cargo, which would cause GSX to place only cargo operators there.

We haven't update the GSX manual to better explain it but, I think is quite straightforward, and as with the other options in the parking customization dialog, you can apply the changes to a single parking, a group or parkings, a whole terminal or even the entire airport, depending on what you select from the list on the left side.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 02:48:35 pm by virtuali »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 03:43:14 pm »
I just went into P3D to grab the August 10 update, and it seems I already have it. I haven't installed or flown in the last week, how did I get the update?   ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 09:48:35 am »
I just went into P3D to grab the August 10 update, and it seems I already have it. I haven't installed or flown in the last week, how did I get the update?   ???

It's a Live Update that can be applied without even restarting the sim so, if you done that, you surely must have it, and should be fairly easy to spot if you have it installed, since the scenery customization page has several new fields for the operator overrides.