Author Topic: GSX OnScreen Menu not displaying later on in flight.  (Read 1961 times)

portanav

• Retired (BWIA-Caribbean Airlines)
    • My Boeing B738NG Sim Build.
GSX OnScreen Menu not displaying later on in flight.
« on: August 08, 2016, 08:17:09 pm »
Hi;

Using FSX Steam; Today, on a two sector flight, I was unable to call up the GSX Onscreen Menu in flight as I was approaching my two destinations, that I may select an arrival gate. I carried out a Couati restart on the first sector and was able to get the menu to display. However, on the second flight, the menu refused to display, even with the Couati restart that I had previously used. GSX works on all my airports very well, and this is my first problem like this.

I used the menus at the start of each of these two sectors, each for catering, boarding and pushback without any problem; and have not had any menu problems previously in flight. GSX always worked well for me.

The destination airports were TropicalSim Cuaraco and LatinVFR Piarco; these have always worked flawlessly.

I am at a loss why this is now happening. ???
regards, MICHAEL.

System: Win10/64, I7/6400, GTX 1080, P3Dv5.2, Prosim737 v2.31, Prosim Flt. Model B738

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX OnScreen Menu not displaying later on in flight.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 11:42:05 am »
It's not possible the menu won't open after a Couatl restart, unless you had an error, which would also explain why you HAD to restart in the first place.

However, an error should have appeared as a pop-up window. Check if you have a Couatl.ERR file in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, maybe you missed the pop-up.

If you have logging enabled in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX - Settings, any errors will be instead logged in the Couatl.LOG file, in the same folder.