Author Topic: Sliding rather than walking  (Read 3970 times)

WebMaximus

Sliding rather than walking
« on: July 25, 2016, 01:13:47 am »
Today when doing pushback at Aerosoft's ENTC from gate 22 the guy walking next to the pushback truck was sliding on his feet rather than walking.

This is in P3Dv3.

A known issue?
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Sliding rather than walking
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 11:20:44 am »
This usually happens if you zoom a bit too wide, so the sim will automatically turn off all animations to save fps.

WebMaximus

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 11:29:07 am »
Ok, thanks Umberto but this was when I was in the v/c of the NGX using a zoom level of 0.4 and I did see how the guy tried to move his legs every now and then for a split second.
Richard Åsberg

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 06:02:07 am »
Umberto, this is one of the reasons I check the forum frequently. Mine does this all the time, but ONLY if I use GSX on departure and the subsequent arrival, and then try a second departure. The wing walker glides next to the plane. His legs don't move. It doesn't seem to be related to the zoom, but I'll fool around with that soon. I'm always in VC mode during push back, and at whatever zoom level looks "normal" when looking out of the window. Not too wide or narrow. It happens at the default KBWI, KPVD, KBOS, KATL, as well as at FSDT KIAD, and T2G's KMCO. It happens while flying the default 737 and Airbus.

I've been in the habit of resetting Couatl right after the marshaller walks off. I start the de-boarding process right after the reset. The wing walker works every time when I do this.

Sometimes, I forget to do that so I keep checking here to see if it's been fixed. If ya need a log or something, I'll be happy to send one.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 06:06:28 am by Pirateinparadise »
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

WebMaximus

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 09:56:18 am »
Super thanks for the input and workaround until the bug has been fixed.

Normally I only do one leg per P3D session but when this happened to me it was just as you describe it on the second leg now that I think about it.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 11:19:22 am »
Normally I only do one leg per P3D session but when this happened to me it was just as you describe it on the second leg now that I think about it.

This shouldn't happen. Does it still happen if you "Restart Couatl" before starting the service after the 2nd leg ?

WebMaximus

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 02:15:52 pm »
Can't say but will check it out next time a do a multiple legs flight unless pirate in paradise already knows?
Richard Åsberg

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 07:07:32 pm »

This shouldn't happen. Does it still happen if you "Restart Couatl" before starting the service after the 2nd leg ?

It has worked every time - for me... so far..

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 08:40:25 pm »
Okay. I had a chance to test this out today. I did a 3 leg flight. I started at KPBI.
Started the day at the gate and chose Catering as the 1st service, then Boarding, then Push back. Landed at KMLB and used follow me to Gate 5. Deboarded, catered, fueled, boarded, pushed back. The wing walker was walking... Hmmm... Okay. Took off, landed at KMCO (the Taxi2Gate version). No follow me this time. Arrived at gate 40. Deboarded, catered, boarded, push back. Wing walker was sliding, NOT walking this time.

I don't have time to try it a second time, but I did save the original flight, and the flight plans for both legs... I'll do it again on a rainy day. I'm going boating!  :)