Author Topic: Fly Tampa Scenery errors **SOLVED**  (Read 3468 times)

alexbeck18

Fly Tampa Scenery errors **SOLVED**
« on: July 14, 2016, 02:32:43 am »
Hey there,

I have seen this problem with CYYZ but there is no fix for Sydney....Anyhow, essentially the GSX menu is simply not apearing only at YSSY Sydney Fly Tampa scenery.  It worked only once, then I clicked revoke parking services to switch parking spots and then, nothing!  the Ctrl F12 is push with nothing showing up at all, but if you go to another airport, there is no problem.

I have tried a reinstall of the scenery, and GSX with no luck.  As well as the same fix for CYYZ with again, no luck.  Before being told "this is a fly tampa" problem...Is there anything you think it could be on this end?

Thanks Much,
Alex Beckwith
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 10:33:42 am by virtuali »

alexbeck18

Re: Fly Tampa Scenery errors
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 02:36:08 am »
I also must mention I am using FSX SE and in the Alt menu everything is present (meaning the Coult menu and all looks normal here)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 10:17:27 am »
It's possible you turned down the GSX "Verbosity" slider all the way down, so you are you seeing a message from GSX saying WHY it cannot work there ?

alexbeck18

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 07:23:54 pm »
Slider is in the normal position.  There is no message however, just when I push Ctl F12 it doesn't show up at all...puzzling to say the least!  Again though, as soon as i go to a different airport, there is no issue.

alexbeck18

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 07:33:52 pm »
Okay,

So I found the error...It seems for what ever reason the "Generating airport cache" stopped appearing...so essentially i would be trying to bring up the menu while it was doing that...so if I had only waited 2 minutes, it would have been apparent.

All is fine now

***Sorry for wasting your time!***

Thanks,
Alex

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 10:32:36 am »
So I found the error...It seems for what ever reason the "Generating airport cache" stopped appearing...so essentially i would be trying to bring up the menu while it was doing that...so if I had only waited 2 minutes, it would have been apparent.

Yes, this is likely what happened, as I've suspected it too here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14034.msg103943.html#msg103943

No idea why you didn't had the text line about the cache regeneration in progress. It's normal it wouldn't stay on screen forever (it times out after a few seconds), but it's supposed to come out if you try to use GSX before it's done. We'll check this.