Author Topic: GSX has stopped working in FSX-SE  (Read 24782 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX has stopped working in FSX-SE
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2016, 04:55:22 pm »
can you help me by telling me how to check that?

Right-click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties"->"Compatibility"

jtbetteridge

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2016, 11:21:10 am »
OK I checked, and it's not running any compatibility modes.

Wondering why it keeps rejecting the bglmanx.dll?  Surely there must be a key to the solution there do you think?

jtbetteridge

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2016, 12:13:23 pm »
OK, so I've just been right back to basics again.  Followed all of your installation instructions exactly, including checking the registry, uninstall, sort out the antivirus and then reinstall.

I used a clean download from the website.  Installation seemed to go correctly, although a SODE dialogue box appeared, not sure what that was for.

Then started FSX SE and it crashed on start.  So started it again and it came up with the warning about the bglmanx.dll.  This now happens every time I start FSX SE and if I say run it, FSX SE crashes.  So I say no, don't run it and FSX SE is fine, but no COATL or GSX in the addon menu.

So I checked the registry again and the FSX SE 10.0 folder has reappeared!   It has a sub-folder FSX SE\10.0\Launch.

There must be something going wrong here but I've no idea what?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2016, 12:25:18 pm »
So I checked the registry again and the FSX SE 10.0 folder has reappeared!   It has a sub-folder FSX SE\10.0\Launch.

That's because you probably installed FSX:SE when FSX was still installed. Even if you uninstall FSX, FSX:SE won't change its configuration, unless you reinstall FSX:SE too.

What's the value of the Co-Existence key in the FSX:SE registry ?

jtbetteridge

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2016, 10:37:11 pm »
No,
as I said, I followed the instructions carefully, and uninstalled FSX before installing FSX SE!

I've got no idea what the  registry reading you asked for is, where do I find that?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2016, 11:04:08 pm »
as I said, I followed the instructions carefully, and uninstalled FSX before installing FSX SE!

Installing or re-installing ? If you already installed FSX:SE once, when FSX was installed, the registry keys won't change and will remain as they were when you originally installed FSX:SE the first time, when FSX was present.

That's the only possible reason why your FSX:SE is still using the FSX:SE keys.

On a brand-new Windows install, that NEVER had FSX installed, FSX:SE will use the FSX registry keys. Its own keys will NOT use the 10.0 folder!

I've got no idea what the  registry reading you asked for is, where do I find that?

In the same FSX:SE folder of the registry, the one that contains (and it shouldn't) the 10.0 key.

jtbetteridge

« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2016, 12:24:27 pm »
I can't see one.

Why can't I delete the FSX SE registry in full if it's not needed?  It seems to be the focus of the problem. 

And why the constant rejection of the bglmanx.dll?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2016, 12:58:58 pm »
Why can't I delete the FSX SE registry in full if it's not needed?  It seems to be the focus of the problem. 

Who said it's "not needed" ? The main key IS needed, what is NOT needed (and shouldn't be there), is the 10.0 folder inside of it, which shouldn't be there, if you installed FSX:SE when FSX wasn't installed.

And why the constant rejection of the bglmanx.dll?

Doesn't happen here. But until you fix your registry, anything can happen.

jtbetteridge

« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2016, 01:57:59 pm »
I've come to the conclusion that a full uninstall and reinstall is the only way ahead

jtbetteridge

« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2016, 04:45:15 pm »
I owe you an apology - despite having done my best, I have discovered residual FSX files which I've now completely removed from the PC.  :-\ Despite searching before I hadn't found them, and used another programme to then complete the uninstall.

Hopefully this will now mean I can get a clean installation of FSX Steam and GSX will work again for me.

Thank you for your time over the past few weeks.