Author Topic: Passenger Boarding while other services bing performed  (Read 3952 times)

triflyman

Passenger Boarding while other services bing performed
« on: July 07, 2016, 03:26:54 am »
I can never commence passenger boarding until the "other" services (fuel and Catering) are finished.  Any way to change that so can board passengers while those are still progressing?
Garry

Artur

Re: Passenger Boarding while other services bing performed
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 10:29:59 am »
Why on earth make some unrealistic change in a good product?!? In real life passengers are boarding when catering is in the middle of coridour airplane? Oh boy....

Inviato dal mio Sirius_QS utilizzando Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 11:02:18 am »
Exactly, it would be unrealistic to allow boarding of passengers while servicing the plane. In fact, if you paid attention, it IS allowed, instead, to board passengers when loading luggage, which of course is permitted.

In some cases, taking extra precautions, it might be possible to refuel with passengers on board, but it's a fairly rare procedure. Some airports requires the presenze of a fire brigade, for example. So, we assumed the most used case, and don't allow boarding passengers while refueling.

Koebrood

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 04:16:02 pm »
Actually, boarding while refueling is a standard practice here in Amsterdam (EHAM).
Safety measures requires passengers to not fasten their seat belts while doing so, fuel truck may never be blocked by other equipment, cabin crew must take positions to help to evacuate in case of fire and a ground crew member must be available through the interphone.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 04:58:21 pm »
Actually, boarding while refueling is a standard practice here in Amsterdam (EHAM).

Yes, but it's not the same all over the world. We chose the most common situation:

http://www.skybrary.aero/index.php/Refuelling_with_Passengers_on_Board

In general, passengers should be disembarked prior to the commencement of fuelling after flight arrival and boarded or departure after completion of any refuelling necessary prior to departure.

Safety measures requires passengers to not fasten their seat belts while doing so, fuel truck may never be blocked by other equipment, cabin crew must take positions to help to evacuate in case of fire and a ground crew member must be available through the interphone.

I think there are also additional safety features too, but yes, there are several constraints to allow refueling with passengers on board.

triflyman

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 08:34:26 pm »
I can never commence passenger boarding until the "other" services (fuel and Catering) are finished.  Any way to change that so can board passengers while those are still progressing?

I would also like to see passenger boarding while the catering is still going on (fuel...I understand the safety issues but must say on an AA flight coming back from KSNA last week the fuel hose was still attached when we started boarding).  Many times I have boarded aircraft (in real world) while the catering was still going on...and they are not walking up and down the isles...they are only storing the items in the front and back galleys.  Would like to see this as a user option on next update.

PS: I found a thread from 2012 in which someone requested this and the reply was that it would be changed upon the next update...so how about it please?
Garry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 11:14:09 am »
Many times I have boarded aircraft (in real world) while the catering was still going on...and they are not walking up and down the isles...they are only storing the items in the front and back galleys.  Would like to see this as a user option on next update.

Doing catering service with passengers on board is probably as uncommon as refueling. It is done, sometimes, but not most of the times. We just chose the most common situation to be represented.

PS: I found a thread from 2012 in which someone requested this and the reply was that it would be changed upon the next update...so how about it please?

There are far more pressing and important updates, before adding these really uncommon and basically useless options, that will only distract valuable time to do the real stuff, like adding entirely new services, for example.