Author Topic: GSX Stairs  (Read 5807 times)

alexchard

GSX Stairs
« on: July 06, 2016, 12:54:23 pm »
Hello,

Is there anyway that I can just set the stairs to deliver only one style of steps? I want the ones attached to show and never any other style.

Look forward to any help  ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Stairs
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 01:58:58 pm »
You might try editing the SIM.CFG for the *other* staircases, and change the minium/maximum height in the "condition" line, and set a minimum height higher than the doors on the plane you are using.

Note that, these edits will likely overwritten by future GSX updates.

alexchard

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 03:26:43 pm »
Can I just ask where the SIM.CFG would be stored for say the Aerosoft Airbus A320?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 04:17:43 pm »
Can I just ask where the SIM.CFG would be stored for say the Aerosoft Airbus A320?

I said "editing the SIM.CFG for the *other* staircases", not the SIM.CFG of the airplane! Look in the Simobject\Misc\FSDT_Staircase* folders.

alexchard

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 06:53:52 pm »
Apologies! I misread what you'd put! Do you know which model of stairs the ones I attached are?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 10:09:30 pm »
Apologies! I misread what you'd put! Do you know which model of stairs the ones I attached are?

Please re-read my message again, carefully: I said:

I said "editing the SIM.CFG for the other staircases", not the SIM.CFG of the airplane! Look in the Simobject\Misc\FSDT_Staircase* folders.

What you want to do, is to create more restrictive conditions for the OTHER staircases, so the only SIM.CFG file you shouldn't touch is precisely the one you want to KEEP. Which is named FSDT_Staircase_fixed.

You must change all the OTHER staircases. As I've said:

change the minium/maximum height in the "condition" line, and set a minimum height higher than the doors on the plane you are using

teisco

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 08:42:47 pm »
I also want to use custom stairs,,,did edit the config size to smaller but when trying to load crew it states "no stairs, will not see crew load" or something like that..

In the airport ramp editor I see no stairs to move to the plane I need them? I do have the door selected but would like to know how to get the stairs to that door?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2020, 01:56:43 am »
I also want to use custom stairs,,,did edit the config size to smaller but when trying to load crew it states "no stairs, will not see crew load" or something like that..

Then you edited it wrong.

In the airport ramp editor I see no stairs to move to the plane I need them?

That's normal, you'll see only the vehicles that match all the conditions for the currently loaded airplane.

I do have the door selected but would like to know how to get the stairs to that door?

Write the correct condition. Make an example of what you are trying to achieve, and it might be possible to help you.