Author Topic: Trouble with Heliports again  (Read 3001 times)

mga010

Trouble with Heliports again
« on: June 27, 2016, 06:34:40 pm »
Sorry to bother you again. I have an addon scenery for Bremen and the German Landmarks (on a lower level if that matters). After landing, I am stuck at "Bremen_Heliport_01.bgl".

I tried to add

airport_visibility_e542 = 0

since that is the only airport that is on the FSX map close to EDDW. I have no idea what that is, maybe a heliport, maybe not. But that did not help.

So, how to I find out which airport to exclude?

Yours, mga010

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Trouble with Heliports again
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 02:10:08 pm »
since that is the only airport that is on the FSX map close to EDDW. I have no idea what that is, maybe a heliport, maybe not.

So, how to I find out which airport to exclude?

There are two ways to know which (likely fictional) ICAO is used by that airport:

- Enable the GSX log, and go to the airport. Exit from FSX and check your Couatl.LOG file (by default under %APPDATA%\Virtuali ), the last line should tell you the ICAO code of the airport and the name of the bgl used.

OR

- Open the Bremen_Heliport_01.bgl file with the freeware ADE program (Airport Design Editor), and check the ICAO code for it.

Then, use that code with the airport_visibility parameter.

mga010

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 09:24:16 am »
I did both to find out the fictional ICAO. And indeed, it is the one I posted above. So either the "visibility" is no longer working, or I did a mistake. By the way, I added the ICAO code with a capital E as in E542, but it is saved with a lower case e as shown in the original posting.

For now, I disabled the German Airports folder from the German Landmarks. It contains lots of heliports and glider pads. But I do not need that really.

Any more ideas what could go wrong here?

Rene

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 01:33:51 pm »
I suggest to wait for the next upgrade, that will automatically remove smaller airports / helipads, if they don't have any parkings.

mga010

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 08:27:13 am »
I suggest to wait for the next upgrade, that will automatically remove smaller airports / helipads, if they don't have any parkings.

Yep, that is a good idea. Does not explain, why the visibility trick did not work in the way I tried it, though.

R.S.