Author Topic: StackHash Solved, Now What?  (Read 2838 times)

dooburt

StackHash Solved, Now What?
« on: June 22, 2016, 12:55:57 pm »
Hello all,

After a hell of a lot of faffing about, I got Addon Manager and P3D v3.3 to play nice and I've had a few hours of flying without any problems.  Before I couldn't even manage 5 minutes within the simulator without a StackHash_0a9e appcrash. I read loads of posts on here and solved it by uninstalling QW757, uninstalling Addon manager with the Uninstall007 msi within P3D folder, then deleting fsdreamteam folder also. I checked the dll.xml in both the application folder and the AppData folder, neither has the Addon Manager entry. Then I downloaded the Standalone Installer, turned off my AVG antivirus and installed, I did this with the /log switch so I could see the bglmanx was downloaded correctly. I said yes to new QW757 gauge. I said yes to new AFCADs. I now had the Addon manager entry within my dll.xml.  Then I set an exception on my AVG for the whole of the P3D folder. I run P3D with AVG disabled though, just to be safe.

And now, I can fly QW757 no problems! Hooray!

But, I'd like now to install GSX and a number of the airports I bought and I certainly don't want to go back to StackHashs again, so what's the best procedure? Should I backup bglmanx.dll and then install airports and then GSX and then copy bglmanx back over?  Thoughts would be appreciated.

Is there a recommended install order?

« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 12:58:32 pm by dooburt »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: StackHash Solved, Now What?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 01:21:26 pm »
uninstalling Addon manager with the Uninstall007 msi within P3D folder

We never suggested to do it this way. The Addon Manager has a proper entry in the "Program and Functionality" section of the Windows Control Panel.

I checked the dll.xml in both the application folder and the AppData folder, neither has the Addon Manager entry.

This is normal, after an uninstall.

Then I set an exception on my AVG for the whole of the P3D folder. I run P3D with AVG disabled though, just to be safe.

Not needed if you set the exception that way.

And now, I can fly QW757 no problems! Hooray!

Of course it works...

Should I backup bglmanx.dll and then install airports and then GSX and then copy bglmanx back over?  Thoughts would be appreciated.

There's nothing to do and the installation order doesn't matter. All FSDT and Flightbeam and QW757 installers downloads and installs exactly the SAME version of the Addon Manager files, which are downloaded from the same location: our own server.

Since it seems to be confirmed it was the antivirus in your case, once is correctly configured to exclude the whole sim folder from scanning, the only thing you might still have to do, is to DISABLE the antivirus WHEN INSTALLING.

This because, even if you set an exception for the P3D folder, the files will have to be downloaded and installed into the Windows temporary folder first, so the exclusion won't work in that case. But it's best NOT to exclude the whole Windows temporary folder, because it IS dangerous (real virus will likely try to go there)

dooburt

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 02:57:31 pm »
I'll install the airports I have and GTX later and report back - just have to download them again first to be sure I have updated installers. I hope that others that are having the StackHash problem find what I've written helpful.

dooburt

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 11:44:04 pm »
Ok, as promised, the above solved my problems, just did a 3.5 hour EGGW > LGIR in the QW757 no problems. I no longer get the Stackhash issue.  I did get this rather strange error during installation of KJFK v2 however (see attached).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 10:49:24 am »
Ok, as promised, the above solved my problems, just did a 3.5 hour EGGW > LGIR in the QW757 no problems. I no longer get the Stackhash issue.  I did get this rather strange error during installation of KJFK v2 however (see attached).

That message simply shouldn't happen and, of course, nobody ever reported it before. However, since the text line says it's trying to copy the Couatl executable, the most likely explanation is that your antivirus has blocked the installation of that file, because it's bugged and is mistakenly assuming it contains a threat (it obviously doesn't).

That's why we keep saying to TURN OFF the antivirus while downloading and installing.