Author Topic: Sections of GSX vehicles missing  (Read 16333 times)

Cfoley

Re: Sections of GSX vehicles missing
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2016, 12:32:13 am »
I checked my %APPDATA% and there are several files for Virtuali.  I am not sure which one you need. (See attached).  Also,  I do have Active Sky Next which I have been using for about a year now and always use it with FSX.  I have not installed any updates from ASN in a while and can't remember when the last time I did.   I did receive a pop up message yesterday form ASN when uploading ASN in FSX and there are new updates to download, but I did not bother with the updates.  It was something about Service Pack 5.  I only have Service Pack 2 with FSX.  
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 12:41:08 am by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2016, 12:54:23 am »
You have the file extension hidden, so it's not so easy to know for sure which file is which, but I guess is the one with the "text" icon. Best if you disable the option to "Hide known file extensions" in the Explorer View options.

The file is named either Couatl.log or Couatl.err, depending if you had logging enabled or not in GSX.

Cfoley

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2016, 04:23:22 am »
I am not sure about any hidden file extension or what that is.  Also, the only view is the "Notepad" view and it does not function.  I opened up the file and attached is what is in it.  I don't know if this helps or not.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 04:27:09 am by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2016, 01:50:33 pm »
I am not sure about any hidden file extension or what that is.  Also, the only view is the "Notepad" view and it does not function.  I opened up the file and attached is what is in it.  I don't know if this helps or not.

Your log file shows that you didn't do anything in that session. The log file will be rewritten everytime you start a new session so, you must post it only *immediately* after a session where you got that problem.

If you restart FSX instead, a new log file will be created, so we'll never knew IF you had any errors or anything else that might explain what happened.

About ASN, first be sure to update it to the latest version and then, try with the ASN module disabled, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13827.msg102480.html#msg102480

Cfoley

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2016, 10:05:22 am »
I did a flight from KMSP to LIRF and GSX worked at KMSP and at the arrival airport.  No missing vehicles, or sections of it this time.  But,  Ultimate Traffic II disappeared when arriving over France.  I did not notice the missing air traffic until final approach at LIRF.  UT2 was also missing at the menu bar.  I did not want to attempt Ctrl + shift +R to reset because I was afraid of getting a fatal error, which easily happens on long flights when I open up something on the menu bar.  When I closed and reopened FSX, UT2 was there.  I don't know if the missing UT2 had anything to do with GSX fully working at the arrival airport.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2016, 11:50:05 am »
  When I closed and reopened FSX, UT2 was there.  I don't know if the missing UT2 had anything to do with GSX fully working at the arrival airport.

That's possible, and it fits in my theory of a generic "Simconnect clobbered" issue. Regardless who's causing it, it's possible that, when there are many 3rd party modules, all communicating with FSX using Simconnect, if the communication channel becomes too crowded, the sim might not be able to process all requests, and will start skipping some of them.

For example, GSX might ask to create a vehicle, and the request might be ignored, because the sim was too busy processing other requests from other addons.

As with ASN, if UT2 was unable to create an AI plane, you would hardly notice it, but since GSX is supposed to create objects all around your plane, a problem like this cannot be missed, so it would seems like a GSX problem, but in fact it's just Simconnect too taxed by too many installed addons that it cannot work correctly anymore.

I'd try with disabling every 3rd party addon and leave just our two modules ( bglmanx.dll in the DLL.XML and couatl.exe in the EXE.XML ) and see if this will fix the issue definitely. At least to confirm this is the problem.

Cfoley

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2016, 01:35:12 am »
I tried an experimental flight today from KMSP to KATL.  The push back vehicle was missing at KMSP,  and one of the loading containers (767) was missing at arrival.  UT2 did not disappear this time enroute and the destination airport.   Attached are the APPDATA files for KMSP departure.  It does shows a sim disconnect.   I did not post all the lines in between because it was very long.

I use FSpassengers, GSX, UT2 and ASN.  If your theory is right and this is due to too many third party modules causing disconnects,  I don't want to stop using UT2, FSpassengersor ASN if they are the causing the GSX problem.  If so,  I may just have to put up with missing components of GSX.  But there is nothing I can do if I lose UT2 while in flight since the menu bar disappears.  What puzzles me is how these disconnects started?  I have been using these third party modules long before these GSX problems started. 

« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 04:46:30 am by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2016, 01:35:49 pm »
I did not post all the lines in between because it was very long.

But why you are posting IMAGES ?? Just Attach the log file itself...and ZIP it first or renamed it as .TXT, because the forum might not accept a file with a .LOG extension.

I use FSpassengers, GSX, UT2 and ASN.  If your theory is right and this is due to too many third party modules causing disconnects,  I don't want to stop using UT2, FSpassengersor ASN if they are the causing the GSX problem.  If so,  I may just have to put up with missing components of GSX.  

Could you please TRY with ALL modules disabled to be SURE they are the problem ? Once we'll know FOR SURE this is the problem, then we can start discussing possible solutions.

dirzao

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2016, 07:04:19 pm »
Hello guys..
i'm getting the same problem here since I updated my GSX.
The pushback cars, fuel truck and catering trucks is showing normally. But the luggages cars not showing.
The stairs is not showing too.

I tryed to reinstall .... to remove everything and install again... start without ASN .... clean my registers ... but.. nothing..

I have no idea what I need to do more.

Help please.

Thanks

Cfoley

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2016, 02:08:11 pm »
Dizaro,  I am going to attempt something different.  I am going to download an older GSX Fuller Installer I have saved in my downloads from last February and see what happens.  If I get a full flight without any missing GSX vehicles or Ultimate Traffic 2, disconnects enroute,  then I fixed the problem.   If not,  well, I will just download the latest GSX full installer again and start from scratch.  All these problems started with the latest GSX Full installer from June.  So that is why I think I will download the older version and see what happens.  Nothing to lose by trying it.

dirzao

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2016, 02:45:33 pm »
Dizaro,  I am going to attempt something different.  I am going to download an older GSX Fuller Installer I have saved in my downloads from last February and see what happens.  If I get a full flight without any missing GSX vehicles or Ultimate Traffic 2, disconnects enroute,  then I fixed the problem.   If not,  well, I will just download the latest GSX full installer again and start from scratch.  All these problems started with the latest GSX Full installer from June.  So that is why I think I will download the older version and see what happens.  Nothing to lose by trying it.

OK... I'll wait for your test.. because I don't have another version of GSX unless the last one.
But I have no doubt that this error is related to the last update.
good luck dude.

Cfoley

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2016, 02:52:58 pm »
Dirzao,  It did not work.  I get instant "fatal errors" when loading up FSX.   I tried 3 times and I get fatal errors when I try and load an aircraft. So,  I went ahead and downloaded the latest updates again.   I regret downloading the latest GSX updates because that is when this mess started.  If GSX works fully, then I get disconnects with Ultimate Traffic 2, which did not occur before the June updates.  Matter of fact,  I now get instant fatal errors loading up FSX. 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 03:52:40 pm by Cfoley »

dirzao

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2016, 04:09:35 pm »
Dirzao,  It did not work.  I get instant "fatal errors" when loading up FSX.   I tried 3 times and I get fatal errors when I try and load an aircraft. So,  I went ahead and downloaded the latest updates again.   I regret downloading the latest GSX updates because that is when this mess started.  If GSX works fully, then I get disconnects with Ultimate Traffic 2, which did not occur before the June updates.  Matter of fact,  I now get instant fatal errors loading up FSX. 
tsc tsc tsc ..  I have no ideia what we need to do to solve it.
I don't have any AI traffic installed....
I'll try to remove everything again and install the full GSX ... ( I already made it before)
I guess someone from support should try to help us with this problem.
Maybe provide the last version without this package that seems that is not working properly for many people.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2016, 04:51:55 pm »
I guess someone from support should try to help us with this problem.

Someone from support is replying and helping to each and every post since days. The issue is, we cannot replicate it in any way, and it seems to affect users with many 3rd party modules that generates lots of traffic on the Simconnect. It might be an AI traffic package, it might be ASN, it might be the VRS TacPac or a COMBINATION of them.

Well, in fact, it's not entirely correct we were "never" able to replicate it. As I've said in many other posts, I wasn't able to replicate it, until I downloaded the Trial version of ASN. Then, I got a missing loader ONCE, but never again.

Cfoley

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2016, 08:06:21 pm »
Please don't think I believe that the Virtuali team is not helping.  I always get responses to my questions and I appreciate it.  Things are sure not going well at all.  I now get FSX fatal errors just a few minutes of opening up FSX.  I don't know what has happened since all of this started.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 09:22:13 pm by Cfoley »