Author Topic: Sections of GSX vehicles missing  (Read 16314 times)

Cfoley

Sections of GSX vehicles missing
« on: June 13, 2016, 03:31:56 am »
Hi,

Since the most recent June GSX updates,  I have been having continuous problems of missing sections of the luggage vehicles.  (See photo).  This one occurred at FSDT JFK. The others occurred at other airports.   I read the various posts on trouble shooting the problem.  I down loaded from the FSDT website of the Full Installer and the vehicle updates, and the Stand Alone Manager several times.  The Vehicle updates did seem to fix the missing push back trucks when starting a flight when requesting GSX, but upon arrival,  the same sections are missing on the baggage loader vehicles.  I use QW757 and Level-D 767 aircraft.  The missing parts on the photos is when I used Level-D 767.  I do not do paint kits, so I counted that out as a problem.  Any possible suggestions?

Thanks!
CF

« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 04:12:03 am by Cfoley »

vadriver

Re: Sections of GSX vehicles missing
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 08:19:28 am »
look up in the sky ..... did it for me !!
cheers
john

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 09:35:50 am »
The vehicles in the sky clearly indicates you haven't updated with the current full GSX installer.

If you are *sure* you have, it's likely you have additional liveries you made with the PaintKit, (or you downloaded the PaintKit and forgot about it), so you must install the updated PaintKit too.

Cfoley

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 12:40:58 am »
Are you referring to my post question, or the post below mine?  I don't have any vehicles in the sky.  I know I never downloaded any paint kit.   Also one of the luggage loaders is still missing when I use the QW757.  I thought I had that problem fixed.  I keep reinstalling the Full Installer and Vehicle updates, but it does not fix the problem.  There are times everything is there at departure airport, but something is missing at the arrival airport, or visa-versa.  The items missing is either the push back,  luggage tow vehicle, or the 1st loader.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 04:41:33 am by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 11:49:58 am »
Are you referring to my post question, or the post below mine?  I don't have any vehicles in the sky

I was replying to the post with a screenshot showing vehicles in the sky, of course.

There are times everything is there at departure airport, but something is missing at the arrival airport

Have you selected the airport and the gate when still in flight ?

Cfoley

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 04:05:43 pm »
I select the airport and gate before the flight.  At the arriving airport,  I go to the gate the ATC in FSX tells me to taxi to.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 04:45:47 pm »
I select the airport and gate before the flight.  At the arriving airport,  I go to the gate the ATC in FSX tells me to taxi to.

The gate the ATC directs you to, doesn't have any connection to the gate GSX uses. That's why we initially didn't allow to pre-select a gate in GSX, since the ATC will likely select a different one.

But users asked for it, saying they never use the default ATC, they only fly online, so the real ATC always assign the gate before landing, so we added the option to pre-select it in GSX.

But if you use the default ATC, if you want to be serviced by GSX at the gate the ATC assign you to, you must change the gate in GSX (using the relevant menu option in GSX) after you land, as soon as you are assigned a gate by the ATC. We cannot "force" the ATC to give you the same gate you selected in GSX.

In any case, try to install the latest Addon Manager update (released today), because we fixed a problem with some vehicles missing when pre-selecting a gate while still in flight.

Cfoley

Re: SectIions of GSX vehicles missing
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 03:07:48 am »
This, unfortunately does not solve the problem when I start FSX at a departure airport.   I installed the latest Stand Alone Manager, and it seemed to work with the missing loader at FSDT KJFK, but when when I tested it at another FSX default departure airport,  one of the loaders is missing again.  I am also now dealing with a new issue involving FSDT KJFK and started a new post for that particular issue.

Since it now appears GSX is not really compatible anymore with my FSX ATC since the latest download updates,  do I request a gate once I land using GSX to get the GSX vehicles to appear without missing parts?  Also, will the gate state if it is for a particular size aircraft like a "large" or "heavy"?  The GSX documentation manual only gives taxi options once I landed when I select Ctrl F12.  It can't be done at the departure airport to pre-assign a gate at the destination airport.  As far as the loader still being missing at a departure airport,  I don't know what else to do.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 05:28:21 am by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SectIions of GSX vehicles missing
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 01:38:53 pm »
Since it now appears GSX is not really compatible anymore with my FSX ATC since the latest download updates

That's not the case.

The supposed "incompatibility" can be an issue only if you pre-selected a gate in GSX while in flight, because in that case you will likely have to change it as soon the ATC will assign its own.

But even with previous versions, you will still have to select the SAME parking assigned by the ATC in GSX, if you wanted to be "compatible", but it was your *choice* to do so, and many users DO NOT want to be FORCED to go to the parking chosen by the ATC, that's why GSX always let you choose the parking independently from the ATC.

Basically, if you don't use the new gate pre-selection in flight, it's EXACTLY like it always been.

I request a gate once I land using GSX to get the GSX vehicles to appear without missing parts?

I don't understand you here. There are no missing *parts*. There were a bug before yesterday's update, that some vehicles were *entirely* missing (not just parts), when pre-selecting a gate, but this has been fixed in the update.

Cfoley

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 03:04:27 pm »
I'm sorry, I should have stated "missing vehicles", not parts,  which is still a problem.

I am a bit confused.  The only option I have with choosing a gate with GSX is after I land at an airport.  If I try and do that at the departure gate I pre-select at an airport in FSX and then check GSX for a gate,  I only get a menu of "Hangers" , "Hanger door" in GSX.  Sometimes upon arrival at an airport, I sometimes will ignore a gate assignment by FSX ATC and go to another gate and/or at another terminal, and it works fine and GSX works plus all the GSX vehicles show up upon request.  But of course this was only before the recent download updates I installed.  If I do a Ctrl F12 "In flight",  can I choose a gate at the arrival airport with GSX?  If so,  I never tried that before.  I always use FSX ATC for gate assignments, and never had any GSX missing vehicles with that, until I downloaded the recent GSX updates.  Others may have issues with using FSX ATC for gate assignments, but I never did and GSX worked fine.  And if I did not like the gate assignment, I went to another without any problems.

Just a thought.  I still have my old GSX downloads from the past year.  To end these new problems which I did not have before with GSX,  Am I able to re-download an older GSX versions instead?  Because I did not have any missing vehicles at all back then.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 03:31:47 pm by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 03:28:13 pm »
I'm sorry, I should have stated "missing vehicles", not parts,  which is still a problem.

Then, before confirming you have missing vehicles, be sure you install the latest update.

The only option I have with choosing a gate with GSX is after I land at an airport.

That seems to indicate you never installed the recent GSX in the first place, because you should be able to select a GSX gate in flight, with a menu listing all the nearby airports. Although this function had that bug (which is now fixed) it should at least be there!

Download and install the latest Full GSX installer, just to be sure you have everything updated.

Cfoley

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2016, 03:34:06 pm »
I did install the latest updates.  I downloaded the full installer, vehicle updates and the Stand Alone Manager on Monday evening.  I did the Standalone Manager yesterday.  I will try and download everything again this evening.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 03:39:24 pm by Cfoley »

Cfoley

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 04:33:47 am »
I downloaded the latest (June 14th) Full Installer last night and did a flight today from FSDT JFK airport to KMSP.  At JFK,  all of GSX vehicles were there with nothing missing, but upon arrival at KMSP,  one of the luggage carriers was missing.  I guess there is not much else that can be done about this problem. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2016, 11:44:18 am »
I guess there is not much else that can be done about this problem. 

There's always something that can be done. Do you have Couatl.err file in your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder ? If yes, post its content.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2016, 02:32:19 pm »
Do you have Active Sky Next ? I was never able to replicate this problem before but now, after many reports with problems and crashes with ASN, I downloaded the latest Trial version, and sure enough, for the first time I was able to see one missing baggage cart!

However, it happened only once. Tried deboarding a dozen times, but it never happened again, but it's clear it must have something to do with ASN. Perhaps it's just sending too many commands to Simconnect, so when it's our turn to talk with it (to create a vehicle), it doesn't reply because the communication pipe is full, so the vehicle cannot be created.

An user reported a somewhat similar issue with ASN, and he said he didn't happen with Opus:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11451.msg89968.html#msg89968