Author Topic: couatl.exe crash **SOLVED**  (Read 14608 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: couatl.exe crash **SOLVED**
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2016, 06:22:24 pm »
i have no affinty mask in my cfg.

Have you read the linked thread ?

To my surprise, after setting my Affinity mask to 14, all the errors I have been getting over the last couple of days have completely ceased.

Which means, if you don't have it, just add it with a value of 14. That's just A TEST, doesn't cost anything to try.

fire508

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 10:17:55 am »
Running FSXA and too am getting CTD due to after latest update.  I have tried everything.  Uninstall/reinstall all of FSDT addons.  Still crash.  Uninstalled my entire fsxa.  Everything works fine until install any of the fsdt sceneries. 

And yes I tried the dll.xml fix even though the manager is listed 1st when I went into the fie.    I did a full uninstall/reinstall of fsxa. including the reg. files.  FSXA works, but as soon as install any FSDT/FB sceneries the sim CTD at the Splash screen.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 02:47:36 pm by fire508 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2016, 04:57:16 pm »
Sorry, but I can only repeat and confirm I cannot replicate ANY crash. Please be sure you download and install ONLY the latest version of EVERY FSDT product you have.

Be sure you turn off the antivirus when installing! It might block some downloads, and cause a big mess of old/new files mixed together which will surely crash the sim.

fire508

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2016, 06:30:28 pm »
Well, when I did do a fresh install I DID REDOWNLOAD the products from the sites with AV off.  It seems kind of funny all these issues came with the new standalone manager/couatl update.  It can not be "on our end" when many people are having the issue after the latest standalone/couatl update.  Guess all of my fsdt/fb sceneries are worthless now. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2016, 06:40:07 pm »
Well, when I did do a fresh install I DID REDOWNLOAD the products from the sites with AV off

This is what you did, but have you done it NOW ?

fire508

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2016, 06:50:35 pm »
Well if you consider the last 12hrs of uninstalling/clearing reg/redownloading/reinstall then Yea.  I have done it NOW!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2016, 07:12:30 pm »
Well if you consider the last 12hrs of uninstalling/clearing reg/redownloading/reinstall then Yea.  I have done it NOW!

Have you done it NOW, yes or no ? Now means now, not 12 hours ago.

fire508

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2016, 07:57:13 pm »
YES!  I HAVE TRIED IT TWICE NOW!  TIME FOR FREEWARE...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2016, 08:01:31 pm »
YES!  I HAVE TRIED IT TWICE NOW!  TIME FOR FREEWARE...

What's with the attitude ? I'm trying to HELP YOU.

Obviously, the problem doesn't happen here (it never happened before and it doesn't happen now) so, we can of course proceed further because, as everybody knows, there's no better support out there.

We should arrange a Teamviewer session, so I can have a look at your system to see what's wrong with it. PM-me for details.

fire508

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2016, 04:29:59 pm »
Sorry just extremely frustrated.  I went ahead and did another complete uninstall of fsx/fsdt/fb.  Since I am moving over to P3D.  However I installed P3D and KIAH.  Now I was able to get into the sim a few times but if I stayed on the start up screen CTD would occur with in a minute.  So I am wondering if there is a lingering file somewhere that is causing this.

fire508

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2016, 04:31:13 pm »
And yes TeamViewer would work.  I am in the process of reinstalling p3d as we speak.