Author Topic: Aerosoft A319CFM  (Read 4253 times)

Just Caliber

Aerosoft A319CFM
« on: June 07, 2016, 07:38:50 am »
Probably not the best thing you want to see lol, but I have had this aircraft for a while and don't fly it too often because I can't get GSX working with the CFM aircraft. I downloaded some config files and got the A319IAE working, but the CFM has no separate folder for it's own positions. I created my own, but it crashed the Coualt script. Am I missing something here?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Aerosoft A319CFM
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 10:02:40 am »
Are you sure the Airbus A319 CFM doesn't have its own separate folder ? There's no need to download anything or create your config: the airplane is supported by GSX internally.

Use the "Reset" option of the Airplane configuration editor in GSX, and remove all GSX.CFG files you have, both in the airplane folder under FSX\Simobjects, and under %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes

Just Caliber

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 04:42:34 pm »
Negative Ghostrider. There is only the A318 CFM and A319 IAE

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 08:46:12 pm »
Negative Ghostrider. There is only the A318 CFM and A319 IAE

When I say "its own separate folder", I mean the airplane folder under FSX\Simobjects NOT the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes folder!!

The folder created by GSX in its own preference folder are ONLY created for those airplanes YOU create a configuration with the editor. It doesn't create anything, if you never open the GSX airplane editor to customize it.

In fact, if you followed my instructions and "Reset" the configuration for the A319 CFM, not having any folder for it in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes folder is precisely what is supposed to be happening, since that's all that button does: removing the customization folder from your %APPDATA% folder.

HOWEVER, it's possible you might still have a GSX.CFG file in the FSX\Simobjects\Airplane folder for that variant, and THIS file you must remove manually, because the GSX editor won't remove it on "Reset", since that locations is *supposed* to be used by airplane developers to supply their planes with a pre-made GSX file.

If NO GSX.CFG files are present in either of these two locations, means GSX will use its own internal database and, since the A319 CFM is supported, it should work.

The GSX airplane configuration editor page will tell you the source GSX takes its data from.

The GSX airplane editor will tell you from which data

Just Caliber

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 01:09:08 am »
I think you're missing the point here. Let me go through the run down.

First off, GSX works like normal, but the configurations is screwed up. There is no front cargo loader of any sort, there is only 1 pallet and or one bag cart no matter the load size on the aircraft loadsheet (after being loaded) I would use AES, but it's not compatible with P3D and doesn't offer the airports I want to fly into.

Secondly, I copied these files (see this thread http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=10873.0) and replaced the A319IAE GSX file within the Virtuali folder (%APPDATA%Virtuali/Airplanes) and works perfectly fine. just like normal. Cargo loaders on both cargo doors and the right amount of pallets and bag carts.

Third, I hit RESET within the config will in game, which I hope that's what you're meaning, and nothing happened. No change.

I see on the config menu, it has two places it can get sources from. Intelliscene.cfg and Internal GSX database. and by default the Internal GSX database is selected. How would one change it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 01:23:03 am »
First off, GSX works like normal, but the configurations is screwed up. There is no front cargo loader of any sort

But this is EXACTLY as we configured it! And for a good reason: the A319/8 are very short and their two front doors ( service and cargo ) are so close that it's impossible to fit both a loader and the catering truck.

Of course, in real life they will never have both vehicles close to the plane at the same time but, since GSX doesn't support this, we removed the front loaded on this plane, in order not to have the loaded and the catering clashing one into another.

there is only 1 pallet and or one bag cart no matter the load size on the aircraft loadsheet (after being loaded)

I'm sorry, but the only possible explanation for this, is that you haven't followed the correct procedure, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10873.msg85246.html#msg85246

Another user who thought it was a GSX configuration problem, but it wasn't. The last post explains what to do.

Secondly, I copied these files (see this thread http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=10873.0) and replaced the A319IAE GSX file within the Virtuali folder (%APPDATA%Virtuali/Airplanes) and works perfectly fine. just like normal. Cargo loaders on both cargo doors and the right amount of pallets and bag carts.

That file has probably only added the front loaded we purposely removed. Fact you see the right number of carts, it's probably due just to a different order of operations you used this time, that allowed GSX to read the actual weight of the plane, as explained in the previous linked post.

Nothing in the GSX.CFG file can have ANY effect on the *number* of carts in a cargo wagon. Only the plane weight will affect that.

Incidentally, the thread you downloaded the config file from, it's the same that explains why you might get confused by the number or carts, and assume GSX or the config file has a problem. Note that, it was released BEFORE we released official support for the A319, so it's not needed anymore and, being made by another user of the forum, I cannot guaranteed how well/bad it works.

Third, I hit RESET within the config will in game, which I hope that's what you're meaning, and nothing happened. No change.

Sorry, I missed a step, you should also "Restart Couatl" after that, otherwise the new config won't be active.

I see on the config menu, it has two places it can get sources from. Intelliscene.cfg and Internal GSX database. and by default the Internal GSX database is selected. How would one change it.

The Internal GSX database is what I think you should use. But if you don't like the missing front loader, you can use another GSX.CFG file provided, of course, is correct. We can only vouch for the correctness of the GSX Internal database.

Just Caliber

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 06:12:13 am »

But this is EXACTLY as we configured it! And for a good reason: the A319/8 are very short and their two front doors ( service and cargo ) are so close that it's impossible to fit both a loader and the catering truck.

Of course, in real life they will never have both vehicles close to the plane at the same time but, since GSX doesn't support this, we removed the front loaded on this plane, in order not to have the loaded and the catering clashing one into another.

Lol if you say it like that, it makes so much more sense now.

If I were to change the .cfg file, how would I do that?