Author Topic: Marshaller too high  (Read 6255 times)

victorh

Marshaller too high
« on: June 03, 2016, 09:10:57 pm »
Hello everybody,

After I installed the new update for GSX - the new functions sound very promising - the marshaller is placed a dozen feet above my PMDG 747-400 resulting that I can't possibly see the marshaller nor the numbers. I've tried various airports and parking positions and they all give the same result
I hope this is an easy fix problem.

Kind regards,
Victor

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Marshaller too high
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 12:43:50 am »
Do you see the marshaller standing on the ladder ?

victorh

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 09:17:25 am »
There was a ladder, but the marshaller was floating a couple feet above it, just as the marshaller readout.

Victir

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 12:35:03 pm »
There was a ladder, but the marshaller was floating a couple feet above it, just as the marshaller readout.

We'll check this. Maybe it's just a problem of the ladder itself, which is supposed to animate a bit to fine-tune its height.

kikigey89

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 10:16:20 am »
I can confirm this issue on several parking positions, on some other it works. On the spots where it works the marshaller is standing on the ground.

Mitty

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 11:51:37 am »
I have the same problem. With a 727 the ladder was in the correct position, but the marshaller and the numbers were floating high in the air, say 100 ft....

« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 11:54:50 am by Mitty »

bcarter

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 01:21:12 pm »
I am having the same problem with the Marshaller  being 100 ft high as well as the coordinates.
I am using the latest GSX update (2nd download since the first one caused dll error).
I have the original FSX (Boxed) with Acceleration. The aircraft used is PMDG 747-400.
I have had 2 flights with this version (previous version was no problem). High Marshall both times. Today when deboarding the B744 I noticed that the rear cargo conveyor machine was missing and the containers were unloading in the air. The front conveyor machine was as normal.

Cheers
Brian

p3dx3

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 09:13:50 pm »
found this topic so instead of creating a new one I'll add on

Here is landing at LOWW FlyTampa scenery

http://i.imgur.com/EHRTtkU.jpg

dmaclaury

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 10:18:30 pm »
I've seen this as well. The marshaller was floating well above a ladder.
Daniel M
FSDT Products: KJFKv2, GSX. Flightbeam: KSFOHD.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 03:18:30 pm »
Found the problem, and fixed, it affected only the marshaller on a ladder. Use the "Check Live Update" menu option from the "Couatl - Settings" menu, and let the updater download and install the latest updated files. No need to restart the sim.

victorh

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2016, 09:54:53 am »
Thank you very much for the adequate support!

Kind regards,

Victor

cptbambi

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2017, 12:15:26 pm »
Sorry to bump an old thread but I think its better than starting a new one, I'm getting the smae problem at the default Lisbon (LPPT) airport, after installing FTX global mesh and running the hight correction option.

I've tried moving them down in the parking editor with the Q&Z keys but the Marshals and parking system still appear in the air, I've tried deleting the confic file for the airport and starting from scratch but it still persists, all the other vehicles snap to the ground just fine, I've noticed in parking system editor that the blue markers for the objects are not on the ground but also higher up than normal, also have the latest version installed.

Here is a pic of the parking systems too high up.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2017, 09:48:37 am »
Sorry to bump an old thread but I think its better than starting a new one, I'm getting the smae problem at the default Lisbon (LPPT) airport, after installing FTX global mesh and running the hight correction option.

It would have been better if you opened a new thread, since this thread was really about a GSX issue that has been fixed last year, while yours is clearly a problem caused by the 3rd party mesh you installed or, most likely, the altitude correction not working for some reason.

We'll have another update to GSX soon, to prevent the marshaller to be victim of problems caused by conflicting scenery elevations, which might hopefully work.

cptbambi

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2017, 04:27:45 pm »
Thanks, I'll look forward to the update.  ;D