Author Topic: Please help. Gsx latest update 1.19.19 ..  (Read 9410 times)

kylep

Please help. Gsx latest update 1.19.19 ..
« on: June 03, 2016, 06:57:09 pm »
I updated my gsx to the latest update june 1st 2016. Apparently my LatinVfr KMIA V3 that used to work prior to the update suddenly has an issue. When I try to activate gsx I see a message that says
"No parking spaces available at this airport"
Can someone please help? Again ,the airport was  working fine prior to this update. I reinstalled my latin vfr scenery and re installed the gsx using the installer and the stand alone manger with no luck.
Thank you

sax702

Re: Please help. Gsx latest update 1.19.19 ..
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 08:12:53 pm »
I updated my gsx to the latest update june 1st 2016. Apparently my LatinVfr KMIA V3 that used to work prior to the update suddenly has an issue. When I try to activate gsx I see a message that says
"No parking spaces available at this airport"
Can someone please help? Again ,the airport was  working fine prior to this update. I reinstalled my latin vfr scenery and re installed the gsx using the installer and the stand alone manger with no luck.
Thank you

I'm experiencing the same problem with the same scenery after installing the latest Addon Manager. 

Regards

kylep

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 08:53:52 pm »
Ok good im not the only one.

abueren

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 09:05:55 pm »
the same problem for me - GSX chooses the wrong afcad. Prior to upgrading, it worked fine. Also goes for other airports like Flytampa KTPA

Best regards
Adrian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 09:08:43 pm »
GSX doesn't surely choose the wrong AFCAD, and before you say this, you must FIRST check which AFCAD is using, using the customize airport position dialog.

Then, depending on what that dialog says, we'll surely find a reason why it doesn't select the correct AFCAD.

And, you now have the option to Restart Couatl together with a cache rebuild, which should be the first thing to try.

kylep

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 09:10:30 pm »
I tried the restart method with the couatl from the menu a few times and it didnt work.

abueren

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 09:19:01 pm »
ok, here's how it looks for me:
For LatinVFR KMIA v3,
In the FSX menu, I can choose any gate as usual. AI also parks all over the place.
When looking into the "customize airport position" menu, it shows points to the file ZMIA_ADEX_RGM.BGL
The parking positions however are in the file "KMUA_ADEX_RGM.BGL".

This worked fine in GSX until a few days ago. Since then, I reinstalled GSX and I installed KMEM...

abueren

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 09:39:53 pm »
I tried deactivating the "wrong" afcad file by renaming it. Now GSX recognizes the correct Afcad, but I have no idea what effect this renaming has on the scenery itself.

best regards
Adrian

abueren

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 10:18:52 pm »
I must correct myself. Launched FSX again and now, GSX pulls another bgl as traffic file which is not correct and does not contain any parking positions. I guess I'm gonna roll back to the previous version and try if that works.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 11:00:52 pm »
When looking into the "customize airport position" menu, it shows points to the file ZMIA_ADEX_RGM.BGL. The parking positions however are in the file "KMUA_ADEX_RGM.BGL".

This worked fine in GSX until a few days ago. Since then, I reinstalled GSX and I installed KMEM...

It's not possible this could have anything to do with the latest update. The only possible explanation is that you didn't had that other file before.

This problem is caused by the scenery having two valid AFCADs, but with parking positions in one of them. GSX cannot possibly know which one is correct, so it picks up the first one it finds.

Whether this can be fixed or not, depends how the AFCAD is made. Are those other AFCAD all using the same ICAO code or, like many developers, use different (fake) ICAO codes, to represent additional features like seaplane bases, helipads, etc. ?

If they used a fictional ICAO, GSX has a way to sort these issues, using the Airport_Visibility_XXXX parameter, discussed in the manual, and here too:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12516.msg94925.html#msg94925

It was always like this, which is why the solution was already present in the previous GSX version, and explained in the manual.

If, instead, the developers have two AFCADs for the same ICAO, both containing parkings, that will be a bit of a problem, since GSX will consider to be both usable, but will use only one of them.

kylep

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2016, 12:23:54 am »
I don't understand . Are you saying it's possible that the latinvfr KMIA v3 has duplicate afcads which can cause this issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled mine and it still didn't help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2016, 12:39:23 am »
Are you saying it's possible that the latinvfr KMIA v3 has duplicate afcads which can cause this issue.

I have no idea. If a scenery have two AFCADs with the *same* ICAO and *both* contain parkings, GSX will only use one of them. It has been like this since the first release.

However, it should at least show some parkings, if this is the case.

INSTEAD, if the other AFCAD uses a fictional ICAO, this can be excluded with the Airport_visibility command, as explained in the manual and the thread I've linked.

I uninstalled and reinstalled mine and it still didn't help.

Of course. If if was intentionally, reinstalling wouldn't change anything.

kylep

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2016, 01:50:29 am »
Ok so in the case with the earlier posting by abueren with ZMIA_ADEX_RGM.BGL and
parking positions "KMUA_ADEX_RGM.BGL". After reading the link you posted.
Do I go to the ini file and type in airport_0.5nm_ZMIA?
Can you please clarify ?

Why would this issue occur after an update and not earlier.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2016, 01:55:14 am »
Do I go to the ini file and type in airport_0.5nm_ZMIA?

Assuming the ZMIA_ADEX_RGM.BGL contains an airport with the fictional ICAO ZMIA AND it's a small base inside the airport that you simply want to restrict in range, the command should be:

airport_visibility_ZMIA = 0.5

or any other low number (these are NM = nautical miles) that is right for the area of that base.

If, instead, ZMIA doesn't contain any parkings, so you couldn't use it with GSX anyway, you can just disable it, with:

airport_visibility_ZMIA = 0

kylep

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2016, 02:03:55 am »
Ok thank you. I will try and report back.
Can you also tell me where to locate this  couatladdons.ini file location ?