Author Topic: No Pushback Direction Selection  (Read 3054 times)

Aaqib Afzal

No Pushback Direction Selection
« on: May 01, 2016, 02:21:09 pm »
Hi

Need some help or assistance.

I recently updated my GSX add-on manager by downloading the standalone add-on manager. Since updating it at some 3rd party airports im no longer prompted to choose push back direction (left or right) it always pushes back straight?Any idea why this might be happening?This used to work fine before at these same airports with the 3rd party scenery?

Airports tested on - OrientalSim Nairobi HKJK, FlyTampa CYUL, FlyTampa CYYZ these are the airports i fly out of mostly and since the update im no longer prompted for push back direction selection.

Any idea?

Thanks
Aaqib

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Pushback Direction Selection
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 02:48:34 pm »
This is really a FAQ, which has been discussed many times already on the forum, and of course is explained on the GSX manual too when airport customization is discussed, the chapter named "Pushback Direction"

Pushback Direction
GSX reads the Pushback preference from the AFCAD file, which can be Left, Right, Both or None. Normally GSX will not allow pushback from a parking position that has its preference set to None, on the assumption the scenery designer had a specific reason to disallow Pushback on that parking spot. But, in case the AFCAD is simply not accurate, this option will allow you to instruct GSX to override the Pushback preference set in the AFCAD with the one specified here.

With earlier GSX versions, Pushback at these places simply won't start but, since we got so many reports from users that there are many sceneries out there where the parking preference has been set to "None" ( I suspect it's because the freeware ADE program many use to create AFCADs defaults to that), in later version, we added the option to always get a straight pushback option, which explains why you only get that one.

With the GSX parking customization editor, you can set the affected parkings (those that have "None" set for Pushback direction) to be the correct value, which would usually be "Both".

Aaqib Afzal

Re: No Pushback Direction Selection
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 04:59:54 am »
Hi

Thanks for the response, really helped. Will take a look at the manuals on how to use the parking customization editor to get this sorted

Thanks again