Author Topic: Baggage loader, containers, entry stairs alignment questions.  (Read 4208 times)

Martyjr

GSX for LevelD767-300-ER (FSX) Standard and Winglet models.

Baggage loader, containers, entry stairs alignment questions.

I noticed the baggage containers are too tall to fit into the cargo bay without clipping the top of the door and aircraft fuselage.

Also, on the winglet model the cargo loading platforms (screenshots) and the entry stairs platform is also too high.

Is there a setting I can adjust to fix this?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Baggage loader, containers, entry stairs alignment questions.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 11:24:55 am »
First, be sure you use the latest vehicle updates installers, from the GSX page.

You can adjust the door's heights (but be sure you are using the current vehicles, first) using the included airplane customization editor, and you can choose the type of ULD used too.

The 767 should use the DPE type, which is smaller and of course, the one depicted in GSX has the correct real-world sizes and are indicated in the GSX manual. Of course, we cannot vouch (or doing anything to control) the accuracy of the cargo bay door for every airplane model out there.

For example, the default 747 doors are too small, so the (correct) AKE GSX container will not fit, but they works just fine on the PMDG 747, which is clearly more accurate than the default one.

Martyjr

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 12:01:12 pm »
Thanks for the reply and information.

"First, be sure you use the latest vehicle updates installers, from the GSX page."

Ok, I will get that checked /verified today.

But, my basic question ... The Leveld screenshots ... both same aircraft 767's .. but different repaints .. one is winglet .. would these be different "models" of the 767 causing the vertical height problem with the loader and the stairs?

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 03:17:45 pm »
The Leveld screenshots ... both same aircraft 767's .. but different repaints .. one is winglet .. would these be different "models" of the 767 causing the vertical height problem with the loader and the stairs?

I understood you made two separate questions: the one about the ULD not fitting in the plane, and the one about the specific issue with the winglet version of the plane.

About the winglet version issues: is the airplane installed in a different folder ? If yes, it might not be recognized as the regular version so, it's behaving like an unsupported plane, that you must configure from scratch.

The airplane configuration editor will tell you from which source GSX is taking its data from, so you will know if it's using its internal database, your own configuration, or nothing at all (plane waiting to be configured).

Martyjr

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 05:26:55 pm »
I downloaded GSX and installed again .. same problem.

"is the airplane installed in a different folder ? If yes, it might not be recognized as the regular version so, it's behaving like an unsupported plane, that you must configure from scratch."

Yes.
You are correct.

LD767 originally had the standard non-winglet.

Some time later the Winglet was added to the fleet.

Each has it own folder (screenshot) and repaints.

"The airplane configuration editor will tell you from which source GSX is taking its data from, so you will know if it's using its internal database, your own configuration, or nothing at all (plane waiting to be configured)."
Ok, I will have a look.
You have un-locked the mystery I am sure.
I have never used the configuration editor ... so I will go read and then see if I can (use as reference data )copy values from the "std" version of the LevelD767.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 05:33:01 pm by Martyjr »
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 05:55:37 pm »
I have never used the configuration editor ... so I will go read and then see if I can (use as reference data )copy values from the "std" version of the LevelD767.

- Customize the supported version, just a little bit (change some door position by 1 cm), enough for the editor to create a GSX.CFG for it, because it recognized you made a change.

- Exit from FSX, and create a new empy folder into %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX named LVLD_B763_Winglet

- Copy the newly created GSX.CFG from your %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\LVLD_B763 folder into the new LVLD_B763_Winglet folder

Martyjr

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 06:08:48 pm »
Thanks for the follow up and additional instructions.

I will give it all a try .. possibly later today.

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell