Author Topic: [SOLVED] GSX wont install  (Read 11723 times)

SamTDS

[SOLVED] GSX wont install
« on: April 21, 2016, 10:18:51 am »
Hello, ive recently been having problems with gsx where it wont install. Not too long ago my fsx broke and i got steam to verify it and i lost all my fsx settings. When i attempted to install it seems to install fine but does not appear in the addons tab, not even the scripting engine appears. This is annoying as before my fsx broke it was working perfectly fine, the only change i did was remove freeware addon scenery at egcc and i could still use gsx at other airports but there. I am running the latest version of FSX Steam Edition and i have tried to install gsx with avast free anti-virus turned OFF. Please can sombody get back to me as soon as possible with a solution, i do have registration details to hand.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 10:38:26 am by SamTDS »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX wont install
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 08:42:34 pm »
but does not appear in the addons tab, not even the scripting engine appears.

This thread indicates all the known solutions for missing menu items under the "Addons" menu:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7545.msg62899.html#msg62899

SamTDS

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 10:55:43 pm »
thank you for a speedy response. i had looked at that post before but must have forgotten that there are other methods. I will test it out tomorrow as i get home from school earlier that day. even if i dont use the services the follow me car is very nice to use, even if you have to learn how not to scare it off
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 11:25:21 am by virtuali »

SamTDS

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 08:34:03 pm »
Tried all the options and it didn't work, the only one I didn't try is the corrupt simconnect as I got program running with it and I don't know how it would work with fsxse.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 11:25:28 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 11:26:01 am »
See solution N. 5

SamTDS

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 06:47:48 pm »
See solution N. 5
I tried all of them except the one about a corrupt sim connect, I don't know what is causing it and really don't want to have to reinstall FSX as it took ages to install the photographic scenery as it wasnt designed for the steam version

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 10:00:09 am »
I tried all of them except the one about a corrupt sim connect

Then try that one.

Remove all Simconnect folders (in safe mode), then use the "Verify integrity of Game cache" from Steam->Properties for FSX, so it should restore the correct one AND install AGAIN the legacy Simconnect in step #5

This, of course, assuming you really tried *all* the other solutions, since a problem with Simconnect is fairly rare, while antivirus is the culprit in 99% of the cases.

SamTDS

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 10:12:52 pm »
I tried all of them except the one about a corrupt sim connect

Then try that one.

Remove all Simconnect folders (in safe mode), then use the "Verify integrity of Game cache" from Steam->Properties for FSX, so it should restore the correct one AND install AGAIN the legacy Simconnect in step #5

This, of course, assuming you really tried *all* the other solutions, since a problem with Simconnect is fairly rare, while antivirus is the culprit in 99% of the cases.
I can't do the excluding the files as avast only allows folders done and I am defeinatly not doing the whole FSX folder. If you can give me the directory to what to delete based of \steamapps\common\  then I will know what to delete and can do it via the Linux boot drive

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 10:19:22 am »
I can't do the excluding the files as avast only allows folders done and I am defeinatly not doing the whole FSX folder

Why ? That's the best possible option, because it will prevent the antivirus to slow down FSX. If you don't do that, it will scan *every* executable in the FSX folder at every FSX startup.

When I install FSX on a new system, the FIRST thing I do, is to exclude its whole folder from real time scanning.

If you can give me the directory to what to delete based of \steamapps\common\  then I will know what to delete and can do it via the Linux boot drive

There's nothing to remove in the steamapps\common. Solution #3 in the linked thread told you what you had to remove.

In case of FSX Steam, I would probably try to delete ALL folders named "simconnect" in the WinSxS folder and then use the "Verify integrity of Game cache"  to restore the Steam version of the libraries AND install the FSX SP2-compatible version as explained in solution #5

SamTDS

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 10:45:55 am »
I can't do the excluding the files as avast only allows folders done and I am defeinatly not doing the whole FSX folder

Why ? That's the best possible option, because it will prevent the antivirus to slow down FSX. If you don't do that, it will scan *every* executable in the FSX folder at every FSX startup.

When I install FSX on a new system, the FIRST thing I do, is to exclude its whole folder from real time scanning.
I just rather be safe than sorry, i don't want to end up killing the computer from something i get off the web and put into fsx. I will do the deleting simconnect tonight when i get home. thanks for the continued support where others would have stopped

SamTDS

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2016, 04:06:57 pm »
unfortunatly this has not worked

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2016, 11:05:16 am »
You might try to use the Depends utility over fsdreamteam\bglmanx.dll

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Use the x86 version and open bglmanx.dll. It will likely tell you which system libraries are missing/corrupted on your system. This won't FIX your problem automatically, but you should at least know WHAT's causing it.

SamTDS

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2016, 03:16:15 pm »
You might try to use the Depends utility over fsdreamteam\bglmanx.dll

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Use the x86 version and open bglmanx.dll. It will likely tell you which system libraries are missing/corrupted on your system. This won't FIX your problem automatically, but you should at least know WHAT's causing it.
here is a screenshot of what it says

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2016, 03:20:36 pm »
here is a screenshot of what it says

a problem with MSVCR80.DLL indicates you have missing/corrupted Visual C++ 2005 runtimes, which are needed by Simconnect itself.

That was solution #2 in the linked thread.

SamTDS

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2016, 05:39:55 pm »
i have tried step 2 again with no luck. i have looked through the system and the file IS there