Author Topic: Help with airbridges please  (Read 2939 times)

mush1960

Help with airbridges please
« on: April 10, 2016, 01:13:43 pm »
Hi there. I've been a long-time user of AES with FSX, but I've recently moved to FSX:SE so I can no longer use AES. I have installed the demo of GSX in my copy of your LSGG airport scenery (nice work, by the way) but I am having trouble getting the airbridge to connect to the aircraft. The stand is 3, the aircraft is the PMDG 737-800. Ctl-J moves the bridge, as it should, but it ends up some distance from the door, at a very odd angle. My passengers end up with a hell of a jump to reach the door! I have tried going into the 3D Editor mode and re-defining the door location, but it hasn't helped. Can you suggest anything else I can try to sort this out? I get similar results on other stands.

Edit: I've added a screenshot so you can see the problem, in case my description was lacking.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 01:27:07 pm by mush1960 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Help with airbridges please
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 02:27:18 pm »
Have you parked the plane in the correct place, according to the docking system ? If yes, please report the name of the gate, so we can check it.

mush1960

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 03:42:07 pm »
I moved the aircraft there via the Go To Airport... menu, rather than parking it on arrival. Does that suggest that, by default, the aircraft is not put on the correct place? Is there a way to see what the correct place should be in these circumstances?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 10:26:53 am »
Does that suggest that, by default, the aircraft is not put on the correct place?

The default "Go To" airport menu will place any airplane reference point in the middle of the parking, which might not work for every plane type.

Is there a way to see what the correct place should be in these circumstances

That's why we have docking systems in the scenery! As I've said, try to park properly, using the docking system.

mush1960

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 11:43:47 am »
I'll try spawning to the Active runway, then use the Parking advice to direct me to the gate and park up, and see what happens.