Author Topic: Cant get GSX to install correctly  (Read 2541 times)

gusifer

Cant get GSX to install correctly
« on: April 07, 2016, 12:11:30 am »
Hello Guys,

I did a clean reinstall of FSX. When I reinstalled GSX it causes FSX to crash, it gives me a FSUIPC message saying the software has a conflict with FSX, then wether I choose continue anyways or disable FSUIPC FSX crashes to desktop immeaditely without giving any messages.

I uninstalled GSX and everything works perfectly, when I try to reinstall GSx problem reappears.

Can anybody help with this?

By the way already looked at the forum and did the reinstall I have all windows firewall unactive and no antivirus, that PC is only used for flightsimming it does not even have ms office installed.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 12:49:19 am by gusifer »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cant get GSX to install correctly
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 09:22:13 am »
I did a clean reinstall of FSX. When I reinstalled GSX it causes FSX to crash, it gives me a FSUIPC message saying the software has a conflict with FSX, then wether I choose continue anyways or disable FSUIPC FSX crashes to desktop immeaditely without giving any messages.

The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, which is entirely unrelated to FSUIPC, doesn't install, doesn't use, doesn't interact and it's not affected by FSUIPC in any way.

What you are probably looking at, is ANOTHER problem in your FSX installation, which is affecting BOTH GSX and FSUIPC.

Fact it "seems" to go away if you uninstall GSX, doesn't mean in any what that GSX is the cause. From your report, it's clear that both FSUIPC and GSX are equally victims of it, just in different ways.

If you are SURE you don't have an antivirus (not even Windows Defender ???), it's likely a problem with your VC++ libraries, which are not updated or corrupted for some reason.

This thread indicates all the known possible issues and solutions:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7545.msg62899.html#msg62899

gusifer

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 09:59:13 pm »
Hello Umberto,

Thanks for the help. Althought I do not have an antivirus it seems windows defender what doing some work in the background, I added the two files to the trusted list, I also checked and made sure your files were not in the trusted or untrusted publishers. I followed the instructions and did the reinstall and now FSX loads correctly without crashing to desktop, the addon manager is included in the addon menu, but the GSX does not work I did some checking and in the addon manager when I choose gsx it says ^ACTIVE but not installed in the scenery library^

Only thing I did not try was the runtime option because when i run SP2 it does not give option to fix FSP2 only to reinstall, and I am concerned doing this will hurt some of the other addons I have running.

Any ideas? or do i absolutely have to erase the visuals microsoft etc and uninstall, instal again the sp2?

gusifer

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 11:06:17 pm »
Never mind Umberto I got it fixed now!

Everything under control thank you for your help