Author Topic: You Control not opening in FSX when I use the hotkey and the menu bar. help?  (Read 13939 times)

willfletch00

When I try to use the You control  window for GSX, nothing happens..... what could be doing this? ??? ??? it is in FSX my last topic was set to "Solved" but it wasn't
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 07:43:40 pm by willfletch00 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
The usual questions:

- Do you have both the "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl" and "GSX" menus under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

- Do you use the CURRENT version of the installer ? If not, or not sure, download it from our site, and don't use an older version of the installer you might have downloaded in the past.

raznet777

I am having this problem in P3D. I will press the hotkey to open the menu, the traffic cones will spawn around the aircraft, but no menu will actually appear. I can see that is installed in the add-on manager, and on the menu bar.

Cafepilot

Hi!

I have the same problem in P3D V3.2, and I have the latest installer (updatet 1 January 2016). Everything shows up under "Addons", Coutl, Addon manager and GSX. All I get is the cons under each wingtip.

Best regards
Cafepiot

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I am having this problem in P3D. I will press the hotkey to open the menu, the traffic cones will spawn around the aircraft, but no menu will actually appear. I can see that is installed in the add-on manager, and on the menu bar.

If you use P3D, the issue is entirely different, it has been discussed already on the forum, and it doesn't have anything to do with GSX.

There's a problem with the P3D Client-only installer, so that ALL 3rd party apps with a menu won't display it, if you don't install the "Content" too. See here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13226.msg98756.html#msg98756

raznet777

I understand, never had an issue with this before on P3D, only since the new update. Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I understand, never had an issue with this before on P3D, only since the new update. Thank you.

That's normal and is to be expected.

P3D 3.2 changed the menu system entirely, which is now based on Scaleform/Flash technology and is transparent. But LM didn't include the files needed to support this new system in the Client-only installer, so no in-game menu from ANY 3rd party app will work if you don't install at least the Content.

willfletch00

The usual questions:

- Do you have both the "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl" and "GSX" menus under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

- Do you use the CURRENT version of the installer ? If not, or not sure, download it from our site, and don't use an older version of the installer you might have downloaded in the past.
yes i have the addon manager and all the menu's this is where I try to start the you control menu
i have also got the current version installed... i have reinstalled about 20 times

raznet777

I managed to fix the problem in P3D, by reinstalling the Client and Content, then GSX over the top.

willfletch00

would it be helpful to show the couatl.err?

Cafepilot

That's normal and is to be expected.

P3D 3.2 changed the menu system entirely, which is now based on Scaleform/Flash technology and is transparent. But LM didn't include the files needed to support this new system in the Client-only installer, so no in-game menu from ANY 3rd party app will work if you don't install at least the Content.

Sorry for not understanding you. What "content" I´m I supposed to install?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Sorry for not understanding you. What "content" I´m I supposed to install?

The P3D Content. It's NOT an FSDT installer, it's on the P3D download page.

The problem is happening entirely in P3D, because you upgraded to P3D 3.2 with just the Client installer. And this is missing support for the updated in-game menus, unless you install either the P3D "CONTENT" or the P3D "FULL" installer.

willfletch00

can i remind ALL that this topic is NOT for P3D it IS for FSX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl

There are several users that posted here, who said they use P3D so, it's not possible anymore to say what this threat is really about.

Of the ones that posted here, you are only one using FSX so, if you use FSX, your problem is different than the others, and if you have a Couatl.ERR file, then yes, you should post it.

willfletch00

There are several users that posted here, who said they use P3D so, it's not possible anymore to say what this threat is really about.

Of the ones that posted here, you are only one using FSX so, if you use FSX, your problem is different than the others, and if you have a Couatl.ERR file, then yes, you should post it.
ok and the OP on this topic is for FSX

couatl v3.0 (build 3187)
panic log started on Fri Apr 01 00:12:46 2016

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'EGGP', 'User Pos': (53.33737231522131, -2.8515578080009925, 26.2892 m, 1.90519 m, 355.57996973278773)}
Error: exception OUT_OF_BOUNDS in call Text param #5 '512'
{'Airport': 'EGGP', 'User Pos': (53.33737231522131, -2.8515578080009925, 26.2892 m, 1.90519 m, 355.57996973278773)}
Error: exception ERROR in call Text
disconnected from SimConnect.