Author Topic: Alta X and GSX  (Read 14149 times)

lubik

Alta X and GSX
« on: March 26, 2016, 03:58:26 pm »
Hello FSDreamTeam!

I would like to report an issue of using GSX in Aerosoft Alta X scenery.

The problem is that all vehicles on stands are sunken into ground.

The Scenery itself works without any problem. The position of his AFCAD file in GSX menu is correct. 

Perhaps the problem comes from wrong interpretation of AFCAD's terrain height by GSX?

Could you investigate the issue?

Thank You in advance!

http://i.imgur.com/dIMVyrn.jpg?1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Alta X and GSX
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 06:20:25 pm »
Is likely the same issue as Madeira and La Palma, the airport is probably hollow, so the terrain doesn't match the AFCAD.

The next GSX update will have (amongst many other things), support for these unusual situations which, as far we know, only affects these 3 airports from Aerosoft.

ageva

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 11:29:37 pm »
Thanks Umberto for the quick respond. Any timeline on when can we expect the new version?

BR,
Amos

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 03:37:04 pm »
We don't have a timeline right now, but it's more likely weeks, not months.

lubik

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 04:06:30 pm »

Thank You! We look forward for the next GSX update.

ageva

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 09:52:53 pm »
Thanks Umberto, looking forward!

Amos

keino333

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 02:13:37 pm »
Adding to this list are:
Aerosoft's
LKPR
ENSH
and
ENSB

sebastianeier

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 05:21:53 pm »
This issue still persists after the update released in 31-may-16
So I assume you guys are still working on the issue?

Selkan

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 08:01:03 pm »
I also have same problem with La Palma.  I did read somewhere that the Manual has not yet been brought up to date, so perhaps there will shortly be instructions on how to deal with this situation?

I have though experienced one strange problem after installing latest GSX1.9.9.  I use a program called FollowMe 2.  Same as GSX in some respects, but one can call up a Follow Me car out as well as back to Gate after landing.  This program uses a short cut to call up Follow Me after taxi instructions have been issued by ATC.  In my case this is TAB + T.  I also use PFC hardware, and I have one of the buttons on my PFC unit (central unit; throttles etc) mapped through FSUIPC to be TAB + T and number 1 on release.  This triggers the Follow Me car to arrive at my Gate and takes me out to the active runway.

Since installing GSX 1.9.9 my short cut button for Follow Me has stopped working.  I have a keyboard set into an overhead panel in my cockpit, and again the short cut TAB + T will not work.  I can still bring up the program by pressing Alt and then Follow Me Menu.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 03:33:36 pm »
This issue still persists after the update released in 31-may-16

There has been an update on June 2nd and today, so you surely must have missed them. In the today's one, we added La Palma.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2016, 03:34:42 pm »
Since installing GSX 1.9.9 my short cut button for Follow Me has stopped working.  I have a keyboard set into an overhead panel in my cockpit, and again the short cut TAB + T will not work.

GSX doesn't use that key (it's CTRL+Shift+F12 by default), unless you explicitly told to do so, from the "Key Mappings" menu, under Couatl Settings.

Selkan

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2016, 06:15:44 pm »
Thanks for response.  I have always had my GSX key set to Shift + F3.  The only thing I have done recently is installed GSX 1.9.9 and then the TAB + T stopped working.  Very strange.

Selkan

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2016, 11:14:34 am »
Just a little update.  I have been informed over on the Avsim Forum that GSX now has a Follow Me car out to active runway as well as Follow Me car back to gate.  I am just posting this here in case there others like me that didn't know this was available.  Although I have yet to try it out I understand that prior to taxi just bring up GSX menu, select the runway you wish to use (instructed) for take off, and select Follow Me from the available options.  This is good news indeed, as the' Follow Me' program I have talked about is now redundant.

lubik

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2016, 12:16:51 am »
Good evening,

I have a new problem.
Can't start the GSX properly at Alta X ramp.

Error message : "...no parking available at this airport".

Apparently, this problem comes from AFCAD file order.

My GSX uses ENAT_Alpha_Flatten.bgl instead of AFX_ENAT.bgl.   

Any solutions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2016, 12:54:00 pm »
My GSX uses ENAT_Alpha_Flatten.bgl instead of AFX_ENAT.bgl.   

It looks like you are not using the current version of GSX, because (assuming a flatten file doesn't have any parkings, I hope...), because the current version will automatically discard files with no parkings.

Download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager to get the current versions.