Author Topic: GSX & P3D v3.2 **SOLVED**  (Read 7127 times)

farman

GSX & P3D v3.2 **SOLVED**
« on: March 23, 2016, 02:09:30 pm »
Hi,
  Is GSX already compatible with P3D v3.2?
      regards,
          Fulvio Arman
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 02:45:26 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX & P3D v3.2
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 02:45:21 pm »
Yes, of course it is, and there are several threads already on the forum about it. Just be sure you install the P3D "Content" or "Full" installers, not just the P3D "Client".

farman

Re: GSX & P3D v3.2 **SOLVED**
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 03:51:16 pm »
Hi,
  thanks. 1.9.12.0 is the last version, correct?
       regards,
            Fulvio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 05:18:08 pm »
The installer we currently have online is always the latest version, and it's 1.9.12 as of today.

farman

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 06:31:33 pm »
Hi,
  I don't want to annoy you, but eventually I think I understood which is the problem, when P3D is crashing at its start.
-I Uninstalled COMPLETELY v3.1
-I let all the add-on in the main P3D folder just to avoid to reinstall hundreds of add-ons.
-I Installed COMPLETELY v3.2
  After that the sim seemed to work properly, but as soon as I installed GSX, P3D crashed. Looking at the Events Log (applications), I was warned that the culprit was a file called bglmanx.dll (and I saw it when installing some FSDT product). So, taking it out in a separate folder, all worked well. Unfortunately I didn't get anymore all FSDT airports or whatever add-on managed by Add-On Manager (that I tried to install separately).
  In the end, must I uninstall and deletee all the add-on files and reinstall completely starting from a clean main P3D folder? Or can you suggest me to go to some registry voice to delete possible old files?
  I'll be very grateful for any help.
      Regards,
            Fulvio

farman

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 11:28:13 pm »
Hi,
  just an update. I uninstalled all the add-on linked to AddOnManager (FSDT & FlightBeam airports, GSX). I deleted ev'ry single file from the main P3D folder. After that I tried to reinstall one by one, but at the first re-installation (Geneva), P3D crashed.
  I noticed that this topic is labelled as "solved". Well, I still hope in some help, if somebody liked to read my former answer.
    Regards,
          Fulvio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 11:50:22 am »
I can only repeat and confirm that, with the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager, P3D 3.2 will work normally, and there's nothing special you need to do, other than installing the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

The USUAL cautions about the antivirus: if your antivirus is bugged, and is mistakenly blocking the download/installation of the updated version, you might be stuck with the old version, that doesn't support P3D 3.2, so it WILL crash it.

So, as discussed so many times on the forum, turn off every antivirus/firewall programs BEFORE installing.

farman

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 12:00:23 pm »
Hi,
  I'll try once again to download and install it disabling the antivirus. BTW, it's the Microsoft Security Essential that never gave me any problem.
    Regards,
         Fulvio

farman

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 10:50:37 pm »
Hi,
 this is an update and a feedback:
-I got a suggestion from FlightBeam in order to exclude from my "Microsoft Security Essentials" some paths, files or processes from scanning.
-Did it
-After that I begun to install all the 4 FlightBeam airports. All went well; no CDT. Fine, I said to myself, it was only a question of security.
-As soon as I installed Geneva, the flight simulator again went CTD. At this point, after some...xxx, remembering that I was warned by the Events log that the culprit was the "bglmanx.dll" file, I
 1) put it in a separate folder, 2) close the simulator, 3) re-installed a FlightBeam airport, 4) saved this damned .dll file, 5) re-installed Geneva and 6) before starting the sim, REPLACED the .dll file with the FlightBeam one, previously saved. All worked fine.

At this point, I'm puzzled. I always thought that this file, installed through AddOn Manager - correct? -, might be the same one for every installation. Clearly it's not so. At this point I'll go on installing all the other FSDT airports changing this blessed, saved file.
 Of course this is not a proper procedure; so I'm asking some explanation, just to know the kind of issue I faced.
      Regards,
           Fulvio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2016, 10:37:23 am »
At this point, I'm puzzled. I always thought that this file, installed through AddOn Manager - correct? -, might be the same one for every installation. Clearly it's not so. At this point I'll go on installing all the other FSDT airports changing this blessed, saved file.

Totally unnecessary.

Every FSDT scenery downloads and install exactly the SAME version of the Addon Manager (bglmanx.dll) so, it's just not normally possible that you would get a "wrong" version with an installer, and a "correct" version with another installer.

UNLESS, you are using an older installer for that scenery, one that was made before the large update to GSX/Couatl 3 we had in August 2015. These installers downloads from a different server, which we cannot keep updated with the newest files.

Of course, downloading the LATEST Stand-Alone Addon Manager, which is exactly what we always say yo you must do to support P3D 3.2, will updated everything that might have been installed by older installers

So that's the ONLY thing you have to do:

- Download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager. Nothing else.

Of course, if you install a scenery AFTER doing this, using an OLDER installer, you must Download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager AGAIN!

If, instead, you use all the current installers (either from FSDT or Flightbeam), they all download exactly the same Addon Manager files, from the one and only place that contains the one and only latest version of the bglmanx.dll, which WORKS with P3.2

I'll repeat it again, to make it more clear:

Do you suspect you might not have the latest installers for a product ? Download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager AFTER all the sceneries

Are you sure you have the latest installers ? Just run ANY of them. No need to download the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, because they ALL download the latest files.

Do you need to reinstall a scenery and don't have the latest installer for it, or are not sure ? - Install the scenery and than install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager AFTER having installed it

Are you STILL having problems, and you are SURE you downloaded and installed the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager and this was the LAST thing you did ? THAT'S THE ANTIVIRUS FAULT!! No questions about it