Author Topic: FSX:SE - GSX not recognising addon airports bought and installed through steam?  (Read 5664 times)

lreese

Hi,

As the subject says, I bought Thessaloniki and Paris Orley through steam and they were installed through steam as DLCs. GSX doesn't seem to recognize the new scenery and parks the aircraft in the middle of building etc. Is there a fix for this? Everything else works fine, including addon airports bought outside steam  

Addendum: I have tried restaring the addon etc. Didn't work
Addendum 2: Also seems to apply to the Ben Gurion steam DLC which I bought earlier

Thanks
Andre
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 03:40:55 pm by lreese »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Try to force a cache rebuild, by removing the following folder ( when FSX is NOT running! )

%PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl

So GSX will rebuild its cache on the next restart. Check in the parking customization dialog which AFCAD is in use by GSX.

lreese

Hi,

Did not work, alas. The AFCAD used on Orly seemed to be the one in FSX's default scenery folder. I seemed to have been able to fix Thessaloniki (possibly by placing a custom .ini file in the GSX folder, which I did). It is using the correct AFCAD, i.e the in the FSX/DLC folder

Yup, it's definitely the AFCAD files that is the problem. I don't know what name of the correct .bgl file in the scenery folder is. If you could identify it for me, I could perhaps manually repoint the afad file in the .ini file?

Cheers,
Andre
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 04:41:54 pm by lreese »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Yup, it's definitely the AFCAD files that is the problem. I don't know what name of the correct .bgl file in the scenery folder is. If you could identify it for me, I could perhaps manually repoint the afad file in the .ini file?

As I've said in my previous reply:

Check in the parking customization dialog which AFCAD is in use by GSX.

lreese

Hi again,

Here they are:

LFPO: afcad_path = D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Scenery\0601\scenery\APX48140.bgl

LLBG: afcad_path = D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Scenery\0702\scenery\APX57200.bgl

LGTS: afcad_path = D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\DLC\379588\FSDG\FSDG-Thessaloniki\FSDG-Thessaloniki_1\scenery\AFX_LGTS_closed.bgl

Andre

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
LFPO: afcad_path = D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Scenery\0601\scenery\APX48140.bgl

LLBG: afcad_path = D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Scenery\0702\scenery\APX57200.bgl

These are the default AFCADs so, it's no wonder the positions don't match. Is the addon airport on an higher layer of the Scenery Library ? If yes, it's possible the AFCAD that comes with the scenery has been rejected by GSX, because it contains some kind of error.

You can check this by enabling logging in GSX, force a new cache regeneration (as explained before), and check for any error messages in the Couatl.LOG file.

LGTS: afcad_path = D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\DLC\379588\FSDG\FSDG-Thessaloniki\FSDG-Thessaloniki_1\scenery\AFX_LGTS_closed.bgl

This seems to be correct.

Gilltech

Andre, you might check to make sure the AFCAD for your addon airport is actually in the airport scenery folder. I had the same issue as you with another airport (Dusseldorf). The scenery cfg was properly pointing to the Dussledorf scenery folder, but I discovered that the actual AFCAD for the Dusseldorf scenery was in another folder (called AFD and the afcad was the only file in the folder). I moved that AFCAD file to the Dusseldorf scenery folder, deleted the scenery indexes in the ProgramData SceneryIndexes folder and the Progarm Data\Viruali\Couatl and restarted the sim. GSX then recognized the proper AFCAD.

Hope this helps.

Mark

The_MATT_H

Hello,

I am also having this problem with the Steam install of LLBG (Ben Gurion) where by GSX appears to be using the default AFCAD, instead of the scenery's one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Matthew.