Author Topic: Install question **SOLVED**  (Read 2084 times)

bha19

Install question **SOLVED**
« on: March 06, 2016, 01:36:36 pm »
I just got a new computer and the main hard drive is located at E: and not C:. E: is where FSX is installed. When I went to reinstall my fsdt software GSX XPOI etc... a windows appears which says flight simulator not found  "select the simulator to install into but none of the boxes are available. I am using FSX steam edition. How do I fix this?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 11:25:56 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Install question
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 09:57:38 am »
There are no problems having the sim installed in any drive or folder, provided the registry keys of the sim are pointing to it, which is where the installer looks for to find the installed sim.

If you are SURE your supported sim is installed, but the icons are greyed, it’s likely you have a problem with your sim registry keys, which are wrong, missing or pointing to the wrong folder.

With FSX Steam, it might happen if you had FSX (regular version) installed before, installed FSX:SE, then Uninstalled FSX.

If you installed FSX:SE from Steam, but never launched it, so the registry keys are not there. They are created by the Steam interface the first time you launch it from *there*. You can launch FSX:SE from its own icon under normal use, but you must launch it at least once from the Steam program, to have the correct registry keys created.

bha19

Re: Install question
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 11:11:04 pm »
That was the problem. I installed it but never ran it.