Author Topic: EDDF AFCAD not found by GSX  (Read 2639 times)

downscc

EDDF AFCAD not found by GSX
« on: February 20, 2016, 06:10:39 pm »
Using Aerosoft's EDDF Frankfurt for P3D, GSX always points to \scenery\APX50140.bgl as the AFCAD.  This Aerosoft product for some obtuse reason installs and expects to find the AFCAD in a location other than EDDF\Scenery: \Aerosoft\Afd\scenery. As a result, GSX works but its world is misplaced/skewed from the world shown in P3D making it unusable.

I deleted the ini file in the AppData location for EDDF (that pointed to the stock file) and created a new ini file in EDDF\Scenery pointing to the AFCAD location in AFD\Scenery but GSX still uses the stock scenery.

I added AFD\Scenery  to the active scenery library (not recommended by Aerosoft) and GSX failed to launch or appear in Addon Menu.

I have searched this forum for answer, and there are other posts, but I am surprised I seem to be only one with this problem. I've run to the end of my knowledge here and appreciate suggestions.

Thank you,
Dan Downs KCRP

EDIT
Update to this topic:  I copied the AFCAD from \Aerosoft\AFD\Scenery to the EDDF\Scenery folder. This works now, GSX is using the addon AFCAD instead of stock airport and P3D is okay with this arrangement. In fact, I append OFF to the AFCAD bgl file in AFD\Scenery and all is still good. P3D is using the AFCAD in the EDDF\Scenery location (easy to tell because stock airport is missing a runway). I have no idea what Aerosoft or SimWings is thinking with this Aerosoft\AFD business but I find it a nuisance. All good with GSX for now.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 06:54:40 pm by downscc »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: EDDF AFCAD not found by GSX
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 11:24:58 am »
I added AFD\Scenery  to the active scenery library (not recommended by Aerosoft) and GSX failed to launch or appear in Addon Menu.

This is quite puzzling: why they recommend to NOT activate that area to the Scenery Library ? If that area is not activated, the sceneries there won't be seen by the sim so, what would be the point of having the AFCAD there in the first place ?

Unless they mean you should not add *manually* another copy of the area, because their installers do it automatically. In that case it would a sensible suggestion, since it's known that two duplicate areas for the same file will cause the scenery to disappear.