Author Topic: FS9 recent addon manager update "buffer overrun detected"  (Read 3632 times)

N125DL

FS9 recent addon manager update "buffer overrun detected"
« on: January 19, 2016, 01:23:54 am »
Hello fsdreamteam,

Since the latest addon manager update I get the following popup upon starting FS9:

http://i.snag.gy/FlTRs.jpg

FS9 will shutdown as soon as I click on "OK".

It doesn't matter if I install the standalone addon manager or any fsdt product.

The only way to make my FS9 boot again is by manually removing the addon manager related files from the modules folder (bglman.dll etc)

Obviously, I cannot use any FSDT sceneries now :(

Is there any known solution to this problem?

I run FS9.1 on Windows 7 x64.

Kind regards,

Fel.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 12:42:13 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FS9 recent addon manager update "buffer overrun detected"
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 12:47:34 pm »
Since the latest addon manager update I get the following popup upon starting FS9:

The last time the Addon Manager for FS9 has been updated was in September 2011 (you can easily verify this by checking the date of the digital signature of MODULES\BGLMAN.DLL ), and nobody ever reported this problem in the past 4.5 years so, it's surely nothing that has anything to do with it.

From the look of your error, perhaps it's the FS9.EXE itself has changed somehow: are you sure it's the original 9.1 version ?

Another possible cause might be the antivirus altering bglman.dll because it has mistakenly detected it as a threat, so you must configure the antivirus to exclude it from scanning.

N125DL

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 12:23:01 am »

Hello Umberto,

thank you for the quick reply.

I got the error after reinstalling KORD a couple of days before, I haven't had any problems until then. After I figured out that the problem doesn't exist without the addon manager being installed, I concluded there must have been a change in the addon manager files because I never had the problem before, although I had FSDT products installed and registered. I also checked the digital signature of the bglman.dll, just to be sure, and as you said it says 2011.

There is no anti virus software or firewall active on my PC, so I am sure that there is no other software blocking the bglman.dll.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 11:56:38 am »
I concluded there must have been a change in the addon manager files because I never had the problem before, although I had FSDT products installed and registered. I also checked the digital signature of the bglman.dll, just to be sure, and as you said it says 2011.

So, either the last time you installed an FSDT scenery in FS9 was *before* September 2011 (so you never had the current version), or the problem doesn't have anything to do with the Addon Manager itself.

Maybe you have another addon which conflicts with it.

Unfortunately, we stopped support for FS9 in 2011 with the KLAX release and, right now, nobody at FSDT has even FS9 installed. But, since nobody ever reported this problem, we must assume it's something specific to your system.