Author Topic: GSX and KIAH no longer working FSX:SE **SOLVED**  (Read 4823 times)

BadKarma40

GSX and KIAH no longer working FSX:SE **SOLVED**
« on: January 17, 2016, 12:11:46 am »
I have been running GSX and KIAH scenery with no problems and both are excellent products.  I recently tried installing another third party software for traffic (traffic 360) and this is where my problems began.  After installing T360 all my aircraft and other add-ons disappeared so I uninstalled T360.  The result was the sim worked but all add-ons didn't.  I have tried uninstalling all products and reinstalling and some others work fine but both GSX and KIAH scenery won't load.  It's as if the sim doesn't recognize that they are there.  I even went thru the great lengths of uninstalling FSXSE and all add-ons with no luck.  One other add-on that stopped working is Active Sky Next which gives me an error upon loading a flight saying ASConnect does not connect.  I'm starting to think these two issues may be related in some way which is the only reason I am mentioning this. I have already contacted HIFI for advice on their product. In the sim, the menu bar no longer shows add-ons even with a reinstall but will show up after adding some other programs like RAAS Pro and FSUIPC. I've tried the standalone installer as well. I'm out of ideas and welcome any advice. FSX without GSX and KIAH for me is rather dull now.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 11:52:52 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and KIAH no longer working FSX:SE
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 10:02:58 am »
After installing T360 all my aircraft and other add-ons disappeared so I uninstalled T360.  The result was the sim worked but all add-ons didn't.

It seems that product installer has corrupted your FSX.CFG, most likely it might have mistakenly removed one of the default SimobjectPaths, so any other addon that requires that folder to be present (GSX and all our sceneries), will stop working.

Open your FSX.CFG at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX, and look all the lines containing this:

SimObjectsPaths=

Be sure there's a path listed for the Simobject\Misc folder, and all the numbers are in sequence
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 06:44:35 pm by virtuali »

BadKarma40

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 07:30:29 am »
Yes I have that in my fsx_se.cfg file

[Main]
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 12:56:10 pm »
Yes I have that in my fsx_se.cfg file

That's not necessarily the right file, especially if you installed FSX:SE and then removed FSX, the other one might be used instead.

Do you HAVE an FSX.CFG file under %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX ?

BadKarma40

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 05:49:38 pm »
Ok, yes I do have an FSX and FSX_SE folder in appdata.  The other FSX folder does have the FSX.cfg file with the same.  Should that folder stay even with FSXSE?

From FSX.cfg

[Main]
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

BadKarma40

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 10:21:46 am »
I decided to try another uninstall/install of FSXSE and hunted down everything related to the sim and removed it all.  After a clean reinstall I successfully got both GSX and KIAH to work again. Thanks for helping.