Author Topic: Ghosting vehicles  (Read 5068 times)

spyrosv89

Ghosting vehicles
« on: January 02, 2016, 09:35:44 am »
I have recently bought GSX but when I activated with my serial code the follownig vehicles are ghosting in the airplanes I use the most:

With the project airbus A320 : fuel truck , passenger bus , pushback truck (sometimes)
With the project airbus A380: fuel truck ,passenger bus, pushback truck (sometimes),stairs , catering (sometimes) .

I have tried other suggestions on this forum to solve the problem but nothing worked. The most weird thing is that I have tried the trial version some months ago and it worked without any problems . 

Any help appreciated

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Ghosting vehicles
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 11:21:44 am »
I have tried other suggestions on this forum to solve the problem but nothing worked. The most weird thing is that I have tried the trial version some months ago and it worked without any problems.

First, be sure you have reinstalled GSX using the latest full installer, or you apply one of the vehicles updates. If you installed the Trial months ago, and just purchased it now, it's possible you have missed some extra vehicles that we added in the meantime.

If you are sure your GSX includes all the latest vehicles (the latest full installer always contains everything), and you still have invisible vehicles, it's likely a problem with fsx video settings, especially if you see *some* parts of the vehicle, like the lights, or the ground shadow only. If this is the case, then it's 100% sure it's a video settings issue, which should be fixed by doing one of the following:

- Update your video driver

- Reset your video driver settings to default

- Reset the FSX settings to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Microsof\FSX\FSX.CFG

This will force FSX to rebuild a new config with all default settings. After doing this, be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak in the Addon Manager, save the settings and restart FSX.

spyrosv89

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 11:58:44 am »
My video driver is up to date and I have its settings to default but  I am facing the same problem . Can you please explain the third option ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 12:09:14 pm »
Can you please explain the third option ?

There's not much to explain: I think the course of action is fairly clear:

Reset the FSX settings to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Microsof\FSX\FSX.CFG

So, there's nothing else you should do, other than removing that file. This will automatically have FSX settings reverted to default.

And, as I've said, the only required tweak you really should apply, is the HIGHMEMFIX, which should be set to 1. You can do it with the Addon Manager interface, by setting it to 1, and pressing the "Save to FSX" button, then restart the sim.

spyrosv89

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 12:41:15 pm »
A small problem . Which one ?

spyrosv89

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 07:34:53 pm »
So I  found the correct cfg flie , I took it off the folder , I opened fsx and turned HIGHMEMFIX to 1 . After that I did everything you said but nothing happened . Also this is showing up evey time I open fsx :

http://i.imgur.com/1xIX4P8.png
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 11:03:13 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 11:05:08 am »
Maybe there's a problem with your user name using non-latin characters, but apart for the message, GSX is working just fine. You can remove the message by turning off logging in GSX.

spyrosv89

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 10:50:05 pm »
Yes GSX is working fine apart from the fact that I am still facing the ghosting vehicles problem  . Any other suggestions ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 06:13:45 pm »
Yes GSX is working fine apart from the fact that I am still facing the ghosting vehicles problem  . Any other suggestions ?

If you see *parts* of the vehicle, like just the lights or the shadows, the only possible issue is a video driver settings or an FSX settings/tweaks which shouldn't be applied, which can only be cured as I already explained: by resetting the settings and applying only the HIGHMEMFIX=1 tweak.

spyrosv89

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2016, 06:31:44 pm »
Ok thank you show much replying and helping . I am also going to download the older updates and if something happens .Once again thanks  ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2016, 06:40:06 pm »
I am also going to download the older updates and if something happens

DON'T DO THAT!! Use only the most current version of any installer found on our site. That problem can also caused if you do the mistake of installing a "older" vehicle update on top of an existing GSX installation.

As I've said in my previous message, if you install the *current* GSX Full installer, you don't need to install anything else. And you should NOT install any of the *older* vehicles updates, this will surely cause problems.