Author Topic: I have no clue what to do. Help! **SOLVED**  (Read 4155 times)

MartinB22

I have no clue what to do. Help! **SOLVED**
« on: December 25, 2015, 09:49:14 am »
Hi there,

I screwed up pretty badly. I'll try to explain this the best I can.

I was just doing a normal flight from Hong Kong to Vancouver when on final approach, I noticed that none of the scenery was loading, with the exception of the jetways. I thought perhaps it was just a memory issue and it would load as I approached closer. That never happened, but I simply thought it was because I was quite close to an OOM error since I was flying the PMDG 777 which is memory intensive. However, I restarted the sim, and the issue still persisted. All that loaded was the jet bridges and very blurry ground textures. Something was clearly wrong. The scenery worked just fine the last time I flew into YVR two days prior so I uninstalled the scenery and then re-installed it all within the add-on manager yet nothing changed.

At this point I was getting a little anxious so I looked up the issue on the forums and found this page: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7924.0. Near the bottom, Virtuali said, "You must have ignored a major update in the past, try to download and install the current version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager." This reminded me that on several other occasions when I started up the sim prior to my HKG-YVR flight, I would get a prompt asking me if I wanted to update couatl. I ignored them every time (mostly because I forgot it had something to do with one of my scenery's) and then eventually I didn't get them anymore. However, I no longer had a "Couatl Powered Products" tab in the FSX menu. All I had was the addon manager. So I couldn't update couatl if I wanted to.

I looked that issue up too and came across this post: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=8756.0;wap2. This time I decided to try and uninstall the scenery from my computer control panel where it gave me prompts that asked if I wanted to remove the Add-on Manager and the Couatl engine, but I screwed up and pressed NO for the Add-on manager and YES to the Couatl engine.  >:( :-[ So I went back in the sim to reinstall the CYVR scenery so I could then go back to the control panel and uninstall it properly and then do a clean re-install, but I was at the limit for re-installs.

Now all I have is a useless add-on manager and no FSDT CYVR scenery which was working perfectly fine before.  :-\ I don't know how to fix this.

I hope somebody can help. If the only solution is to purchase the scenery again, that's fine. It is worth it. I've had the scenery for half a year and it was super well done. It made flying out of YVR really pleasurable :)

Best regards,
Martin

P.S. Merry Christmas!!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 10:35:48 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: I have no clue what to do. Help!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 11:05:09 am »
So I went back in the sim to reinstall the CYVR scenery so I could then go back to the control panel and uninstall it properly and then do a clean re-install, but I was at the limit for re-installs.

There's NO such thing as a "limit for re-install" in any of our products. You can uninstall and reinstall an UNLIMITED number of times.

You are probably confusing this with the activation limits due to hardware changes, but just reinstalling on the same PC won't obviously trigger an reactivation. Only an hardware change or Windows reinstall will.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 10:35:31 am by virtuali »

MartinB22

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 07:49:04 pm »
Then how come I can't re-install? This is what the add-on manager looks like when I select CYVR.
https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1691/23341257523_6e6167395f_o.png
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 10:35:13 am by virtuali »

MartinB22

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 07:50:37 pm »
but just reinstalling on the same PC won't obviously trigger an reactivation.
Every time that I re-installed CYVR from the add-on manager, it asked me for the serial code again to activate the scenery.

MartinB22

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 08:15:28 pm »
FIXED IT! I just installed it using the installer from the website and everything is fixed..