Author Topic: SODE gates Progress?  (Read 3528 times)

Southwestman84

SODE gates Progress?
« on: December 22, 2015, 08:32:50 pm »
Any news on this? Mir over at Flightbeam said it is planned.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SODE gates Progress?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 11:42:03 am »
Yes, we are working constantly on it. And SODE was updated quite a bit in the last weeks, due to our feedback and the need to interface with GSX.

We don't have a firm date, but it's 100% confirmed it will come to GSX.

Note that, it's not that, after integrating GSX with SODE, all your existing 3rd party sceneries (including FSDT ones) will automatically get better jetways.

Scenery developers will still need to create SODE jetways, it's just that integrating with GSX will make them easier to use, because there will be no need to deal with a separate SODE menu, and they will benefit of the existing GSX airplane database (default or user-made), so there will be no need to maintain a separate database of airplane configurations for SODE, as it is now.

FLYFROMUTAH

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 10:44:13 pm »
I just purchased KATL 2016 from imagesim with has SODE tech for it's jetways with a caveat, I have to purchase more AES credits to make it function. It will not work with just CTRL J key. When you  do integrate SODE with GSX will I not have to purchase these credits to make it work for any future addon airports from other developers. I'm just learning about SODE so do not know how it functions yet within FSX. For me it will be a learning curve to deal with another menu.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 12:25:16 am »
I have to purchase more AES credits to make it function. It will not work with just CTRL J key.

Of course SODE jetways won't work with CTRL+J, but you didn't had to buy AES credits. You simply had to use the SODE menu (TAB+S by default) to use the SODE jetways.

I'm just learning about SODE so do not know how it functions yet within FSX. For me it will be a learning curve to deal with another menu.

The main benefit of integrating GSX with SODE, is that you will not have to go through another menu to select (again) your parking, because you'll keep using the GSX menu. And, GSX will send the airplane doors informations to SODE, so there will be no need to configure planes again for SODE.