Author Topic: Cargo loader staying at aircaft after unloading  (Read 3213 times)

fowler

Cargo loader staying at aircaft after unloading
« on: November 08, 2015, 12:49:46 am »
Hi, is there a way to have the cargo loaders back up from aircraft after unloading is finished ? I know this is a very small detail as at this time most users would close the sim or start another flight, but now this package is so perfect that this little thing is "almost" buggering me  ;D PS I think the new version of GSX had this same issue corrected from previous version but at the loading finished stage, strange that the unloading stage remains "unfixed" or is there a reason for this ?  Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cargo loader staying at aircaft after unloading
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 10:59:46 am »
Hi, is there a way to have the cargo loaders back up from aircraft after unloading is finished ? I know this is a very small detail as at this time most users would close the sim or start another flight, but now this package is so perfect that this little thing is "almost" buggering me 

This has been discussed already on the forum, and is not a bug, and it has been made like this intentionally.

GSX vehicles don't have any mean to check collision/avoidance with each other or other vehicles because, doing this, would cause a whole new class of traffic deadlocks problems in the limited parking spot area. So, in order not minimize the change for the vehicles to clash into each other, we use timings and positions.

That's why the loaders stay at the doors until you ask for pushback clearance: because it's a safe place to be if other vehicles (like catering) will arrive, since they surely won't try to use the same door as the loaders.

fowler

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 12:34:56 am »
Sorry it this was already discussed. I'm not sure I get this right so if you don't mind will try to say it differently. (with my words) Because it is impossible (for GSX) to check other apron trafic, and because you fear that by having the cargo loader move back at the end of the deboarding procedure they might crash against other apron trafic, you choose to have them remain in contact with the aircraft ? If that is the correct assumption as the cause the cargo loader stay in contact after the deboarding, I have to say that in all the cases I had there were very few apron trafic around the aircraft and probably would'nt have had any crash with the cargo laoder moving a little bit. Anyway these crash among vehicles or even airplanes are inevitable in FSX I think, it does not bother me as this is not the core simulation of FSX. (Neither are the cargo loader movements I must agree) Could you do for the cargo loader what you did for the fuel truck, i.e. after a Minimum time (fixed time) they could back up ? (FOr the deboarding procedure only)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 10:07:32 am »
Because it is impossible (for GSX) to check other apron trafic, and because you fear that by having the cargo loader move back at the end of the deboarding procedure they might crash against other apron trafic, you choose to have them remain in contact with the aircraft ?

Exactly.

If that is the correct assumption as the cause the cargo loader stay in contact after the deboarding, I have to say that in all the cases I had there were very few apron trafic around the aircraft and probably would'nt have had any crash with the cargo laoder moving a little bit.

Clash with apron traffic is rare, but the most common case would be other GSX vehicles. Most notably, the catering vehicles that you will likely call after deboarding. Since the *start* position for the loaders, which is where they would return to, is not always the same (both because it changes with the parking radius AND you can customize it too), the only safe place where we know no conflict can happen, is leaving them at their own assigned door, since the catering won't surely try to go there.