Author Topic: GSX does not stay in P3D  (Read 3274 times)

teisco

GSX does not stay in P3D
« on: November 07, 2015, 02:07:51 am »
I installed GSX and it ran great in PD3v3,,,but a couple days later it was gone,,nothing in my addons drop down. I installed it again and it ran great,,,couple days later it was gone again. I have done this about six times now..If I want GSX in P3D I must install it almost everytime I start the sim.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX does not stay in P3D
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 09:01:10 am »
If I want GSX in P3D I must install it almost everytime I start the sim.

This is of course not normal and shouldn't happen. The most likely cause is that you are using another addon that uses a different version of the MS VC++ runtimes OR the Simconnect runtimes which conflicts with the one we use, so when you run our installer, they are being fixed back.

We use the VC++ 2013 runtimes, as suggest by LM for P3D usage so, the problem is surely caused by something else.

To know which one is causing this, after installing GSX, do as follows:

- Disable all other 3rd party modules in your DLL.XML file ( except bglmanx.dll ) and in your EXE.XML (except Couatl.exe), by setting the <Disabled>True</Disabled> line in each module, except the two listed above

- Start P3D. Verify that GSX works correct and stays.

- Re-enable other 3rd party modules, one at a time, setting the line to <Disabled>False</Disabled>, until you find the offending one.

Your DLL.XML files and EXE.XML files are under %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3. Use only a pure text editor to edit the files. Notepad is fine.

teisco

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 10:32:35 pm »
Thanks for your detailed fix. Here is my dll xml file. Which ones should I disable?

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii22/Warbirds_photos/dllfiles_zpsjyexu079.jpg
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 11:00:16 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 11:01:17 am »
Thanks for your detailed fix. Here is my dll xml file. Which ones should I disable?

As I've said: disable ALL other 3rd party modules in your DLL.XML file ( except bglmanx.dll ). Do the same for the exe.xml except Couatl.exe