Author Topic: KATL Atlanta International  (Read 15957 times)

Pascalino

KATL Atlanta International
« on: November 25, 2008, 02:25:16 pm »
Dear all,

it is planed to create the Atlanta international Airport too ? it will be very nice if you can create such these world wide greatest Airport for us enthusiast....

Best regards

Pascal

HB-HFK

Re: KATL Atlanta International
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 03:39:45 pm »
Hello Pascal,

You don't like this one?

http://www.imaginesim.com/

kyle joseph

• American Airlines 767-200
    • KJ762AA
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 03:16:11 am »
Hello Pascal,

You don't like this one?

http://www.imaginesim.com/

yea, that atlanta is good enough for me...

Pascalino

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 12:34:00 pm »
Hi,

yes I´ve heard about the imaginesim-Scenery. But I belive that the FSdreamteam -goup will be more successfull to do this job by better textures and so on....

But I will give imaginesim a try. There is a possibility to test the scenery by a demo.

But I am looking forward if the fsdreamteam-group will develop this scenery....

regards

Pascal

kyle joseph

• American Airlines 767-200
    • KJ762AA
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 03:53:29 pm »
they probably will not do the scenery as it has been done already, and recently

2. that scenery also has AES support, and many of the things us (fs9) users hold dear

3. fsdreamteam works on projects that make economic sense, and redoing Atlanta, another 2008 release, just doesn't

Silverbird

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 04:59:46 pm »
If you would like to try there scenery's for fsx and fs9 they have demos in there website and I believe it wouldn't be fair to make other katl and I'm sure out of respect fsdt wouldn't do that. but I can totally understand that you like fsdt work very much.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 05:01:53 pm by Silverbird »
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 04:16:12 pm »
...I believe it wouldn't be fair to make other katl...

You're joking, right?  Imaginesim is about to release KIAD, which has already been done by Blueprint, who are working on KORD, which has already been done by FSDT. Their only conflict of interest would be doing scenery already done by C9.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Silverbird

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 04:49:41 pm »

You're joking, right?  Imaginesim is about to release KIAD, which has already been done by Blueprint, who are working on KORD, which has already been done by FSDT. Their only conflict of interest would be doing scenery already done by C9.

HI Bruce That's true they did do KIAD which was already done by blueprint, but I think quality wise the imaginesim is fine, it just doesn't make sense to me for fsdt to do this airport that has already been recently done. there are of course so many airports to be made in fs. one thing about blueprint is that they don't provide aes support or have custom ground work.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

thepilot

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008, 05:06:56 pm »

I wouldn't actually consider Blueprint's stuff as 'sceneries'...

SirIsaac726

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 02:51:05 am »

Bruce,

You are absolutely right that both made KIAD but to compare it to both ImagineSim and FSDT doing a KATL is much different than BluePrint and ImagineSim.  The difference is ImagineSim (IS) and FSDT both go for the high quality sceneries.  BluePrint on the other hand, is trying to appeal to a different crowd of simmers with less detailed sceneries that cost less.  I'm not saying anything bad about BluePrint (although I am extremely mad at them as a company...whole other story that doesn't relate to their actual sceneries and scenery quality) but they try to appeal to different simmers than IS and FSDT.  So IS doing a KIAD after BluePrint doing a KIAD seems perfectly fine to me while as others said, why should FSDT make a KATL when IS has a high quality one.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 05:29:17 am »
...it just doesn't make sense to me for fsdt to do this airport that has already been recently done.

I agree that it doesn't make sense, but your previous comment was that it wouldn't be fair... There is no such thing as fair when your in business.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Rafal

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 08:14:33 am »
IS has a high quality one.
Probably a question of taste.
I was planing to buy a few airports ImagineSim have made but after seeing their promotional screenshots I gave up this idea.
I guess I'm just spoiled with the quality offerings from FSDT, FlyTampa, FlightScenery or Aerosoft (some).
I don't like this KIAD either. Of course I'm only judging with my eyes, but eyes are decision makers if it comes to buying sceneries.

Just my 2 cents.

Best regards,
Rafal
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

Lude2Envy

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 12:03:28 am »
I agree......you can't compare imagine sim to blueprint.... and KATL from imagine sim is excellent. Very well done.....so is San Juan.
Ian

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung 950 Pro SSD x2, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

mackintosh

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 12:41:44 pm »
I guess I'm just spoiled with the quality offerings from FSDT, FlyTampa, FlightScenery or Aerosoft (some).
I don't like this KIAD either. Of course I'm only judging with my eyes, but eyes are decision makers if it comes to buying sceneries.

Quite right. KIAD is not as well designed and polished as KATL is, lacking the eyecandy and integration with surrounding area. While I think we are all spoiled by high quality scenery, I am a firm believer that at the very least, each designer's new scenery should be an improvement over the previous one. KIAD, sadly, is not, in fact, it takes a step back.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 05:56:06 pm »
...I am a firm believer that at the very least, each designer's new scenery should be an improvement over the previous one.

If that's the case, you must have some seriously high expectations for Geneva.   ;D