Author Topic: No GSX services at FSDG's Thessaloniki (LGTS) **SOLVED**  (Read 5147 times)

macwino

No GSX services at FSDG's Thessaloniki (LGTS) **SOLVED**
« on: October 30, 2015, 05:06:35 am »
When I try and activate GSX at this payware airport I get a message in red in the upper left corner stating "There are no parkings available at this airport." I have tried to activate THE GSX services upon loading a plane at a gate and upon landing, and in neither case can I call up the GSX services.

Is this airport not covered by GSX or is there some other reason I'm not getting access to the GSX services?

I'm running P3D v3. I've tried obtaining the GSX services for a number of planes and had no luck.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Robert
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 09:30:48 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No GSX services at FSDG's Thessaloniki (LGTS)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 11:17:54 am »
When I try and activate GSX at this payware airport I get a message in red in the upper left corner stating "There are no parkings available at this airport." I have tried to activate THE GSX services upon loading a plane at a gate and upon landing, and in neither case can I call up the GSX services.

You must check the AFCAD used by GSX, by opening the "customize airport positions" menu in GSX. It's possible another AFCAD is in conflict with the one needed by the airport.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 05:08:37 pm »
By any chance did you check a box to install static aircraft?  If you did, it likely installed an afcad with no parking spots, as everything is occupied by a static.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

macwino

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 05:40:34 pm »
Bruce, an interesting thought, but I didn't check this box. But thanks for the suggestion. It makes sense. And it was almost right, as a checkbox was part of the solution, as I will describe below.

Umberto, you're correct - of course. GSX is looking to the wrong afcad. I read the manual about how to fix this, and set the airport visibility for the problem afcad to zero. Then I turned on the GSX diagnostics, gave GSX a try, but now got an error message. Here's the relevant information from the log file:

Near airport 'zgts' has a visibility range of 0 miles
Near airport 'lgts' has a visibility range of 3 miles

System error while accessing file C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\FSDG\FSDG-Thessaloniki\FSDG-Thessaloniki_1\scenery\AFX_LGTS_closed.bgl: CreateFile failed: The system cannot find the file specified: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\FSDG\FSDG-Thessaloniki\FSDG-Thessaloniki_1\scenery\AFX_LGTS_closed.bgl" (system:2)

In the LGTS scenery configurator, I had activated (Bruce, I checked the box) a runway that isn't being used in the real world at the moment. This disabled the file that GSX was looking for as indicated by the error log entry above. I then simply went back to the LGTS scenery configurator, unchecked the box to activate the inactive runway (which deleted the ".off" suffix from the file), and then GSX worked perfectly.

I can live without the inactive runway.

Thanks for the assistance.
Robert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 08:34:28 pm »
System error while accessing file C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\FSDG\FSDG-Thessaloniki\FSDG-Thessaloniki_1\scenery\AFX_LGTS_closed.bgl: CreateFile failed: The system cannot find the file specified: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\FSDG\FSDG-Thessaloniki\FSDG-Thessaloniki_1\scenery\AFX_LGTS_closed.bgl" (system:2)

When you have this error, do as follows:

- Be sure FSX is not running

- Remove the following folders:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SceneryIndexes
C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl

This will force a complete cache regeneration, so it should place back in sync any scenery that has been updated but its update wasn't detected (it might happen when running external configurators)

macwino

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 08:52:01 pm »
Umberto, this looks like another, simpler way to accomplish what I did. I will keep it in mind should I ever encounter the problem again.

Thanks,
Robert