Author Topic: GSX Fly Tampa Toronto  (Read 4481 times)

Wardd

GSX Fly Tampa Toronto
« on: October 22, 2015, 07:27:37 pm »
Hi,

I am having a problem with a new scenery I installed. GSX works at every other airport I've tried except Fly Tampa's Toronto which I just installed. I have downloaded a tool to look for a duplicate Afcad file but found none.

GSX is active and on the add on menu. Pressing Ctrl+ F12 does not bring up a menu. I changed airports to EGLL for a quick test and GSX was working fine there.

I just tried a uninstall and then a fresh install and this hasn't helped either. Anti virus was off during installation and while running FSX. Its the acceleration edition.

Sometimes if I press Ctrl + F12 while taxing in CYYZ the parking menu and a list of gates will appear but if I taxi to the gate no services are there, if I use warp to gate the services are not there either.

I do have Mytraffic X installed but have the bgl file for CYYZ off. Leaving it on didn't help either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dean.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Fly Tampa Toronto
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 12:32:07 am »
Sometimes if I press Ctrl + F12 while taxing in CYYZ the parking menu and a list of gates will appear but if I taxi to the gate no services are there, if I use warp to gate the services are not there either.

That seems to indicate GSX is not using the correct AFCAD, but it IS using some AFCAD. You should always use the "customize parking positions" menu, and the editor will tell you what's the AFCAD used by GSX.

Wardd

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 09:36:48 pm »
Thank you for the help.

I was able to double check the Afcad GSX was using and see it was using the correct one.

This was a silly error on my part, I had been changing different settings on GSX for various reasons but basically I had all messages switched off, even the important ones! (not doing that again)

Turns out the aircraft I had selected was simply too big for services and as the messages where off, I never knew it. I thought once you selected a "heavy gate" it would always work. When I was pressing Ctrl = F12 nothing was happening as a result.

All seems fine for now.

Thanks again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 11:41:52 am »
I thought once you selected a "heavy gate" it would always work.

The "heavy" designation it's just a label. The scenery developer can use it on any parking, and nothing stops him to make a parking with a radius of 5 mt. and call it "heavy".

GSX only uses the radius, and compares it against your wingspan, so it will consider the parking to be too small if the wings don't fit in it.

Sometimes, there might be reasons why the scenery developer set a smaller size, for example to prevent clashes with jetways from nearby parkings. So there might be enough "physical" space to park the airplane, but the radius in the AFCAD it's smaller then it really is.

In these cases, you can use the "customize parking position" option in GSX, to override the radius in the AFCAD. The little "airplane" icon on the editor page will automatically set the parking radius to the wingspan of the currently selected airplane.

When I was pressing Ctrl = F12 nothing was happening as a result.

Yes, of course. I think the verbosity slider should be set AT LEAST to the first notch, so you won't miss warnings like that.