Author Topic: GSX keeps on crashing  (Read 8768 times)

Driver170

Re: GSX keeps on crashing
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2015, 04:57:04 pm »
this happened at EGKK

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2015, 08:10:21 pm »
another crash

I'm sorry, but you cannot expect that GSX would work with such out of standard AFCADs, like those using this "plumbing" system.

ADE and AFX reports many faults with it, even if they might not be "real" faults (according to the developers), because it's very difficult for any program that would need to read that file, to know what is legit and what is an error, ESPECIALLY (as in GSX), since it contains A LOT of code to defend itself against things that are definitely errors (like overlapping nodes, for example).

So, if we "fixed" GSX to ignore such errors, it might work on airports that use the "plumbing" method (assuming they don't have *other* errors), it would then stop to detect and defend itself against real errors found in thousands of freeware (and commercial) AFCADs.

Driver170

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2015, 04:17:30 pm »
So what should i do then?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2015, 09:20:39 am »
So what should i do then?

There's nothing you can do and, we cannot be sure if that AFCAD has a *real* error, or it's just using non-standard practices like plumbing.

The issue is, you sent me an AFCAD for EGPP by email some days ago, which also uses the plumbing system and crashed GSX, but I tried it, and I didn't had any crashes.

Please clearly indicate a reproduction case, by email, referring to the file you sent by email, because it's impossible to even test if the problem CAN be fixed, if you don't provide an exact report we can reproduce.

So, please, by EMAIL, indicate all the following, in relationship to the file you sent previously:

- The airplane used

- The gate used

- The GSX operation you selected

If you want to report about THIS error happening on EGKK you are reporting here now, then send by email its AFCAD too.

Driver170

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2015, 01:16:57 pm »
The thing is its happening randomly. So its hard for me to reproduce the error again, because once it happens it doesn't return at that gate.