Author Topic: KERNELBASE.dll error and GSX does not move anymore  (Read 3133 times)

martin88

KERNELBASE.dll error and GSX does not move anymore
« on: October 10, 2015, 11:17:06 pm »
Hi,

today my GSX decided again to stop moving after catering service. Catering truck was gone and nothing happened any moreā€¦ I had to reset postition for boarding.
Then I looked into my Windows Error Report and saw this happened at the same time:
couatl.exe
         55e97d42
         KERNELBASE.dll
         559f3b2a
         c0000409
         000b3e28
         01d1036104041440
         C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe
         C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
         9f6aab1a-ac93-4186-ae9c-9b6299d5aa89

This is the 3. or 4. time this happened. I did not care much about before but now this makes my thinking.
I play fsx steam on windows 10. I upgraded about 1 month ago and since then I had no crashes with fsx or anything. The game is running better and more stable than on W8!
I saw this error under W8 once, too. So I think it cannot have something to do with W10.

BTW I also completely reinstalled GSX under W10 because of an update, problem is still there. GSX error report is empty, and I do not get a crash error ingame. My ground service just stops doing anything.
AND this happens mostly when I start a flight. After landing, deboarding goes well.
What can this be?

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KERNELBASE.dll error and GSX does not move anymore
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 01:12:06 pm »

BTW I also completely reinstalled GSX under W10 because of an update, problem is still there. GSX error report is empty, and I do not get a crash error ingame. My ground service just stops doing anything

You are using an outdated version of Couatl.exe, but since it's not possible to get it "by mistake", considering the always installer downloads the latest version from the internet, if you just installed GSX and are still stuck with the old version, it's likely your installation is corrupted because either your antivirus and/or your firewall has prevented to update all files.

Download and install with the antivirus AND firewall disabled.

martin88

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 07:20:26 pm »
My GSX did an update some days ago. Do I have to reinstall the whole GSX from time to time for getting the newest Couatl.exe?
And do I have to disable Antivirus when I do an ingame update, too?

I hope not!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 08:54:50 am »
My GSX did an update some days ago. Do I have to reinstall the whole GSX from time to time for getting the newest Couatl.exe?

Yes, if you skipped a major update notification in the past (the one that ask you to exit from FSX)

And do I have to disable Antivirus when I do an ingame update, too? I hope not!

It would be way better if you excluded the whole FSX folder from antivirus scanning. Not because of GSX, but for performances.

martin88

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 05:14:09 pm »
Understood!
Ty again virtuali!