Author Topic: P3D V3 crashing when using GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 10331 times)

robvanderwiele

P3D V3 crashing when using GSX **SOLVED**
« on: October 02, 2015, 03:07:20 pm »
Hello,

I installed GSX in P3D V3 and when I try to use it, P3D freezes. After a short time it crashes without any error.
I'm parked at EHAM gate D52 with the ProSim B737-800.
Engines not running, parking brake set.
I can open the main dialog to call up the main dialog.
When I select an option, for example the 'Prepare for push-back and departure', the pylons are shown. After that nothing happens anymore.
Sometimes P3D crashes or just it just doesn't respond anymore.

Checked blgmanx.dll version and it is 3.0.0.8.
Tried to re-install but still the same.

Regards,
Rob van der Wiele
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 12:03:00 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D V3 crashing when using GSX
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 03:21:56 pm »
Checked blgmanx.dll version and it is 3.0.0.8.

Reinstall GSX now, because we had another small update related to P3D V3, but the version number hasn't changed, so maybe you still have the outdated version.

Also, we found a problem with the Avatar mode. If you enter the Avatar mode, the sim will crashes if you start GSX, even if you go back in the airplane. We are trying to understand what's causing it, but for the time being, you cannot use the Avatar mode with GSX.

robvanderwiele

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 03:32:08 pm »
Hello,

I downloaded the GSX installation file again and did a re-install. Still the same result. I haven't used the avatar mode.

Regards,
Rob van der Wiele

robvanderwiele

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 04:17:41 pm »
Hello,

I did a little testing and found out that even when I did not have used the avatar mode but it was enabled in the options, GSX was not working. After I disabled avatar mode in the options dialog, GSX worked again.

Regards,
Rob van der Wiele

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 04:50:45 pm »
I did a little testing and found out that even when I did not have used the avatar mode but it was enabled in the options, GSX was not working. After I disabled avatar mode in the options dialog, GSX worked again.

That's interesting: I can use GSX as long as I don't touch the Avatar mode key, even if it's enabled in the options. But if this works best for you, that's even safer, so you won't risk hitting the Avatar key by mistake and crashing the sim.

However, we are working on it right now, because we *want* to have the Avatar mode fully supported. We found what's causing the problem, and are working on a fix.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 10:56:32 pm by virtuali »

robvanderwiele

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 04:54:03 pm »
Thanks Umberto. I will use this 'solution' for now until you have a fix.

Regards,
Rob

godimaginedme

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 08:20:12 pm »
Ok great! I'm glad I'm not crazy. I'll try disabling Avatar mode all together for the time being and report back. Then i'll try installing each addon one at  a time (GSX, KSFO, KDEN, etc)

I just had a thought (but i'm no coding expert); Maybe GSX is getting confused in avatar mode because there are now two 'entities' in the sim. 'You' and your aircraft. Instead of avatar mode being simply a new 'view', the sim recognizes it as a new 'aircraft' and GSX may not recognize its position.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 08:52:58 pm by godimaginedme »

robains

• Beta tester
    • Rob Ainscough
Re: P3D V3 crashing when using GSX **SOLVED**
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 11:05:27 pm »
I can confirm the Avatar CTD issue with GSX.

Glad you've already replicated the issue and working a solution.  Must admit, would be kinda nice having avatars walking around pumping fuel, checking aircraft tires, etc. etc. :) 

Any plans to place "click spots" on those vehicle models so avatar can trigger animations?

Cheers, Rob.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 08:46:35 am »
Glad you've already replicated the issue and working a solution.  Must admit, would be kinda nice having avatars walking around pumping fuel, checking aircraft tires, etc. etc. :) 

Any plans to place "click spots" on those vehicle models so avatar can trigger animations?

Of course: that's precisely what I meant when I said "we *want* to have the Avatar mode fully supported", because it would open up many new interesting features to both GSX and the sceneries.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 02:47:38 pm »
We fixed the Avatar mode in the current Live Update. Next, some updated vehicles to play with...

robvanderwiele

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 02:50:30 pm »
Hello Umberto,

That is great news, will try it out asap.

Thanks,
Rob

robains

• Beta tester
    • Rob Ainscough
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2015, 06:54:05 pm »
Thanks Umberto ... amazed you've managed to update all your airport installers to see V3 so quickly!!

GSX has come A LONG way ... I was in GSX bliss at KDEN with my Delta 777 ... animations were so precise, didn't need to make any adjustments.

Cheers, Rob.