Author Topic: Latest update, what airport data does it use?  (Read 5166 times)

bobsk8

Latest update, what airport data does it use?
« on: September 15, 2015, 11:32:49 pm »
Since I downloaded the latest update last week, a couple of  times the follow me car has gotten lost on the way to the parking spot. Also, Pro ATC assigns me a parking spot and a couple of times that spot did not show as a selection when I tried to select it. So my question is, where is the data coming from that GSX uses for these functions?  I have the latest Airac 1508 in Pro ATC which assigns the parking spot, if that is relevant at all.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Latest update, what airport data does it use?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 12:48:57 pm »
So my question is, where is the data coming from that GSX uses for these functions?  I have the latest Airac 1508 in Pro ATC which assigns the parking spot, if that is relevant at all.

GSX always takes its data from the same place it always did: the scenery AFCAD, respecting the priority order in the Scenery Library so, for any airport, the AFCAD in the folder with the highest priority will be used.

But you don't have to guess: if you open the "Customize airport positions" menu, the dialog box will show the exact name of the .BGL file GSX is taking data from, so it will help you to understand the reason of the problem.

bobsk8

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 04:15:17 pm »
Well I wish I could go back to the previous version of GSX before this last update.  Now I have to chase the follow me vehicle, sometimes it makes sudden you turns, and then disappears, leaving me in the middle of nowhere. This never happened with the previous version. I am totally disappointed. When I hit just "warp me there", it brings me to the middle of a ramp with nothing around. Is there anyway to install the previous version?    

I looked at the AFCAD data that GSX is using and it is using C:\mytraffic professional\mytraffic\scenery\BRr2_ whatever airport I am at .  My traffic is the 20th scenery listing down from the top. All the upper sceneries are UT sceneries for USA and Europe. Is this normal? 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 09:30:50 am by bobsk8 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 07:09:15 pm »
Well I wish I could go back to the previous version of GSX before this last update.

The current version is FAR better, ESPECIALLY the FollowMe.

Now I have to chase the follow me vehicle, sometimes it makes sudden you turns, and then disappears, leaving me in the middle of nowhere

The Follow Me doesn't disappear. If you see that maneuver, it's because you went too close to it, so it tried to escape by turning around you.

This never happened with the previous version

It was a bug in the previous version, in fact. You could smash into the FollowMe, and it wouldn't do anything to save itself...

When I hit just "warp me there", it brings me to the middle of a ramp with nothing around.

This doesn't have anything to do with the current version, it's just that the wrong AFCAD is used, and there surely a reason for this.

Is there anyway to install the previous version?  

No, because the current version works, and nothing in your report seems to indicate a problem with it. If you have a problem with the wrong AFCAD used, everything in GSX will not work (or, more precisely, it will work correctly for *that* AFCAD, but it won't match what you see on screen, so you will think GSX is "wrong" )

I looked at the AFCAD data that GSX is using and it is using C:\mytraffic professional\mytraffic\scenery\BRr2_ whatever airport I am at

Are you saying (literally) that you always see the SAME filename BRr2_ (and NOTHING else), or are you saying that, for example, if you are at KLAX, you see the BRr2_KLAX.BGL and if you are at KJFK you see the BRr2_KJFK.BGL ? This was just an example...

And, you don't say WHICH airport you are referring to. If the airport is a 3rd party airport, with its own AFCAD, you must ensure it stays on an HIGHER level than MyTraffic.

This is a general rule in FSX and doesn't have anything to do with GSX: 3rd party airports must usually be on top of everything else.

My traffic is the 20th scenery listing down from the top. All the upper sceneries are UT sceneries for USA and Europe. Is this normal?

If with "UT" you mean Ultimate Terrain, then no, it's surely wrong (unless you only use default airports), see above.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 07:11:58 pm by virtuali »

bobsk8

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 10:20:50 pm »
The filenames are correct for each  airport, what I am questioning is the program's use of the My Traffic Afcads which is of course from  the AI program My Traffic 6. Maybe that is OK for GSX's use, just wanted to make sure. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 10:53:07 pm »
The filenames are correct for each  airport, what I am questioning is the program's use of the My Traffic Afcads which is of course from  the AI program My Traffic 6. Maybe that is OK for GSX's use, just wanted to make sure. 

GSX uses whatever AFCAD for a specific ICAO which is the highest on the Scenery Library, just like FSX does. Now, whether that AFCAD is correct for the scenery you are using, it's an entirely different issue, and it's unrelated to GSX.

If the scenery you use it's a default one, it's usually ok using the MyTraffic AFCAD. But, since you said the parking positions seems wrong, if you use a 3rd party addon airport that comes with its own AFCAD, the airport layer should be on top of the MyTraffic areas in the Scenery Library, so GSX will use it (after an FSX restart and a cache regeneration)

bobsk8

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 12:08:07 am »

GSX uses whatever AFCAD for a specific ICAO which is the highest on the Scenery Library, just like FSX does. Now, whether that AFCAD is correct for the scenery you are using, it's an entirely different issue, and it's unrelated to GSX.

If the scenery you use it's a default one, it's usually ok using the MyTraffic AFCAD. But, since you said the parking positions seems wrong, if you use a 3rd party addon airport that comes with its own AFCAD, the airport layer should be on top of the MyTraffic areas in the Scenery Library, so GSX will use it (after an FSX restart and a cache regeneration)

Ok, I have all default except for Ultimate terrain 2.0 in US and Europe, no add on airports at all. As long as My Traffic is OK to use , then that's fine..  Thanks. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 12:17:35 am »
Ok, I have all default except for Ultimate terrain 2.0 in US and Europe, no add on airports at all. As long as My Traffic is OK to use , then that's fine..  Thanks. 

I was just worried about your comment on the "Just warp me there" option, which seemed to move you in a random place on the apron.

Is this still happening ?

If the position is wrong, and doesn't match the one in the AFCAD, there might be some problem, but if you are in the correct position, and you just don't see anything around you (no ground vehicles) after you warp, it's how GSX always worked: the "warp" command doesn't activate the parking for GSX service, it will "just" move you there, so it's used as a replacement/complement to the default "World->Go To Airport" FSX standard menu.

bobsk8

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 04:02:32 am »

I was just worried about your comment on the "Just warp me there" option, which seemed to move you in a random place on the apron.

Is this still happening ?

If the position is wrong, and doesn't match the one in the AFCAD, there might be some problem, but if you are in the correct position, and you just don't see anything around you (no ground vehicles) after you warp, it's how GSX always worked: the "warp" command doesn't activate the parking for GSX service, it will "just" move you there, so it's used as a replacement/complement to the default "World->Go To Airport" FSX standard menu.

Oh, OK.......