Author Topic: Turkish Ground Service Livery **SOLVED**  (Read 6137 times)

bbugday

Turkish Ground Service Livery **SOLVED**
« on: September 13, 2015, 08:55:44 pm »
Hello,
Before the last update the TGS livery was avialable for GSX in Turkish Airports. However after the last update I no longer get TGS vehicles.
What happened to this livery?

Best Regards,

« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 07:16:27 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Turkish Ground Service Livery GSX Disappeared After Last Update
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 09:31:16 pm »
The livery is still there, and nothing in the update could have any effect on this. However, you don't say what do you mean with "last update". The latest Live Update ? The latest major GSX update (the one we released in August) ?

Also, fact you say "I no longer get", seems to indicate you would expect the livery to come out automatically, without your intervention, as it used to be in previous versions (before the August update). In the current version, you can select the operator amongst all the eligible candidates so, even if this livery was in competition with others, as long they all have the same score, you would see it in the operator selection menu that comes as soon as you call for a service, so you can select it, overriding what GSX would have chosen by default.

This seems to indicate you are still running an old GSX version, before the operator selection menu was added. If this is the case, you should download and install the full GSX installer now.

Also, you don't say which airport you were on (other than a generic reference to "Turkish Airports") and which parking stand you were located.  As discussed many times already, and of course as explained in the GSX manual, there's a scoring system, which is also affected by parking codes for each specific parking, and they depend on the scenery used so, if there's another operator that, due to the airport and the parking (and the scenery AFCAD), now has an higher score than TGS, you will never see TGS on that airport and that parking, unless you change the scenery AFCAD to assign TGS to that parking too, so it will have an equal score to the other operator that seems to always "win"

In the current version, TGS has a score of 2 in all airports in Turkey, and a score of 4 at LTBA, LTAI, LTAC, LTBJ. Other operators in Turkey are Turkish Airlines and Pegasus.

bbugday

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 12:06:56 am »
I get the operator selector menu. However I did not get TGS at any airport. I reinstalled GSX and it seems to be fixed. I was positioned at LTFJ at gate 207A. Previously I used to get TGS most of the time at LTFJ and if I didn't I would reset gsx a couple of times and eventually I would get TGS.
According to the information you give LTFJ will get only turkish and pegasus.
In Turkey ground handling vehicles with Turkish Airlines logo's/ livery are only in several minor airports and the rest are TGS (company established by Havas and Turkish Airlines), Havas, Celebi.
Havas and Celebi liveries are not available as far as I know at the moment.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 10:49:06 am »
However I did not get TGS at any airport. I reinstalled GSX and it seems to be fixed.

This seems to indicate you updated GSX without updating the vehicles (for example installing just the Addon Manager or with the Live Update), so it's normal and a GSX reinstall fixed this because the current full installer always contains everything.

Previously I used to get TGS most of the time at LTFJ and if I didn't I would reset gsx a couple of times and eventually I would get TGS.

If with "previously", you mean when GSX didn't had the operator selection screen, it's normal too. You had to restart GSX to try another random choice, until you eventually got the operator you wanted. Now, with the operator selection menu, the random selection will ONLY affect which operator will be selected by *default* (if you don't select anything in the menu and let it close without choosing), but every eligible operator will always be there.

According to the information you give LTFJ will get only turkish and pegasus. In Turkey ground handling vehicles with Turkish Airlines logo's/ livery are only in several minor airports and the rest are TGS (company established by Havas and Turkish Airlines), Havas, Celebi.  Havas and Celebi liveries are not available as far as I know at the moment.

We'll take note of this. Do you have a list of airports where Havas and Celebi operates by preference ?

bbugday

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 02:16:32 pm »
I'll collect the information regarding the ground handling providers and the airports they operate at and post it here.

Havas - LTBA,LTAC,LTAI,LTBJ,LTFE,LTBS,LTFG,LTCG,LTAU,LTAF,LTAP,LTCO,LTCA,LTCP,LTCJ,LTAZ,LTCM,LTCS,LTAJ,LTAN,LTAR. Havas also operates in many European and Saudi Arabian airports as well but I'll gather that info later on and update this list. For now I'm concentrating only on Turkish Airports.
Celebi - LTBA,LTFJ,LTAC,LTAI,LTBJ,LTFE,LTBS,LTCG,LTAF,LTFC,LTBU,LTBR,LTBH,LTCE,LTCC,LTCU,LTCI,LTAY,LTFH,LTCF. Celebi also has several airports that it operates in India, Nigeria and Hungary

Turkish Ground Service (TGS) - LTBA,LTFJ,LTAC,LTBJ,LTAI,LTBS,LTFE,LTAF

The rest of the minor airports in Turkey to which only Turkish Airlines flies to does not have one of these 3 ground handling operators but its served by the equipment of Turkish Airlines.

Pegasus Ground Handling is only in LTFJ for the time being.

bbugday

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 09:23:14 am »
Will this issue be updated any time soon?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 12:35:37 pm »
Will this issue be updated any time soon?

What "issue" are you referring to ? There's no issue and no bug to be fixed. We might use the information you posted in a future upgrade, of course.

bbugday

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 01:00:33 pm »
The fact that at least TGS not being at a airport that it should be in GSX is an issue.
Havas and Celebi not being in GSX is an issue as well but thats diffrent as it requires someone to do the repaint I guess.
TGS is included in GSX but not at an airport where it should be.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 01:15:09 pm »
The fact that at least TGS not being at a airport that it should be in GSX is an issue.

No, it's not.

It's just a reassignment thing, that you can also change by yourself, reading the documentation provided with the PaintKit. The PaintKit documentation is not only for those that want to "repaint", it's also useful to understand how you can change the operator assignments we included as default.

It's not really different than the ability to customize the parking positions for a specific scenery, or the airplane/doors configuration for a specific airplane. GSX is a program that can work much better if you use the tool at your disposal to customize it for your scenery/airplane/country.

Havas and Celebi not being in GSX is an issue as well but thats diffrent as it requires someone to do the repaint I guess.

That's why we have a PaintKit to begin with.

TGS is included in GSX but not at an airport where it should be.

Sorry, but I don't agree here. There are HUNDREDS of operators in GSX, but for most of them, the assignment is made in a very GENERIC way, like having Alitalia in Italy (unless we have more precise info), Swiss in Switzerland (unless we have more precise info), American Airlines in the US (unless we have more precise info), etc, etc, etc.

This is how must of the default assignments are made in GSX, but if users have better informations about their local airports, they can use the documentation included in the PaintKit to change a scoring system for a specific airport.

Yes, as I've said, quite clearly, we'll use the information you posted for a future update, likely including the other, operators that are missing (there are hundreds of operators that are probably still missing, the world is big...), but it's just wrong for you to expect this is an "issue" that should be fixed as if it were a "bug", because it's not.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 05:46:58 pm »
We added Havas and Celebi and modified TGS and PGT according to the info you provided. To get the update, download and install the latest vehicles update installer.

bbugday

Re: Turkish Ground Service Livery **SOLVED**
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2015, 02:08:26 pm »
It seems Jul 205 is the latest update. I downloaded and installed it but I still do not get TGS at LTFJ. I also read the manual provided in the repaint kit and did what it says in the manual and still no change.

What am I doing wrong here?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Turkish Ground Service Livery **SOLVED**
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2015, 02:43:28 pm »
It seems Jul 205 is the latest update.

That date doesn't mean what you probably think it means...

It means it contains everything that has been added AFTER July 2015, UNTIL TODAY. Provided, of course, you download the updater now (well, after I said it was updated)

I downloaded and installed it but I still do not get TGS at LTFJ.

I can only confirm that TGS is available at LTFJ, I tried before updating the installer and posting the message, and tried again now. It works, and it's there, in addition to the other new operators that has been added.

I also read the manual provided in the repaint kit and did what it says in the manual and still no change.

Maybe this is the problem: if the operator is already included in GSX, you shouldn't do anything with the PaintKit, and you shouldn't touch any of the default files. It's possible that, if you modified some files, the installer hasn't updated them, because it found them to be newer than our own.

You should probably remove every extra files you added, and remove every change you made (delete the fie), then reinstall the vehicle updater.