Author Topic: GSX "Customize parking positions" and GSX window not working after scenery insta  (Read 2320 times)

spotvector

Hello FSDT team,

again it's me with a quite similar issue.

Whenever I install a new scenery, GSX stops working. Not THAT way, but everything works except :

- the "GSX - Customize airport parking positions" menu entry is missing
- the window doesn't open

In the log it says the following unusual thing:

SharedMemInterface connected, but data size mismatches (size 88, region size 4096, expected size 80)

What is the issue? That might make me able to solve it whenever I install it.

And no, no anti virus on (atm not even installed) and yes all AFCAD files are there.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
again it's me with a quite similar issue.

This issue, instead, is entirely different.

SharedMemInterface connected, but data size mismatches (size 88, region size 4096, expected size 80)

Exactly, unusual.

You haven't posted the whole log, but since the issue was already discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12382.msg93995.html#msg93995

with the same "data size mismatches" error, it seems you are not running the latest GSX version or, more precisely, you have a mixup between files of old and new versions together.

Maybe you installed a scenery using an *old* installer (made before we released Couatl 3), AFTER installing the latest GSX, so the scenery installation made with an old installer, downgraded some files.

Will surely be fixed by downloading and installing the latest GSX full installer. If you need to reinstall a scenery, either download the updated installer for it OR (if you want to use the installer you have), always install GSX last.