Author Topic: Fsdt Windows 10 Scenery Library  (Read 5266 times)

anarkia2004tj

Fsdt Windows 10 Scenery Library
« on: August 27, 2015, 06:06:03 pm »
Hi, this is not really much of an issue to me, but a little annoying, i was installing the sceneries i  own from you guys, in p3d v2.5, windows 10 64 bit, and they installer runs just fine, however the sceneries are not automatically added to the library, has anyone else had the same issue? i know i can manually add the sceneries ( and i did), I also ran the installer as admin, no change. Any ideas?   --btw, this also happens with flightbeam, who also uses the same installer type ( not sure if that has anything to do with this)--

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fsdt Windows 10 Scenery Library
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 10:16:28 pm »
I use Windows 10 and P3D, and the installers places the sceneries in the correct place of the Scenery Library so no, the issue doesn't have anything to do with the use of Windows 10, which is no different than Windows 7 and 8, in regard to the location of the scenery.cfg file.

The problem is likely caused because you use (or have used) the P3D Migration Tool, which will trick installers to install into the FSX folder, which obviously confuse installers that are supposed to recognized P3D as such, like all our own.

anarkia2004tj

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 11:54:53 pm »
i appreciate the prompt response, although i have used, and still use p3d migration tool, for your sceneries, since they automatically detect p3d installation, i turn it completely off. i dont know if the fact that i have used it for other add ons has an effect, but i doubt it, sincve i used the same method under win7 and no problems, i even upgraded to win10 and i worked perfectly, only when i did a complete reinstall of my pc ( and yes, i deactivated the scenery before formatting my drive) is when the problem happened, again not a huge deal, but missing that particular bit of automation that your installers provide
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 11:57:26 pm by anarkia2004tj »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 12:07:18 am »
although i have used, and still use p3d migration tool, for your sceneries, since they automatically detect p3d installation, i turn it completely off.

You must probably left it on without realizing. Or, it's possible it might not have reset all the changes it made to the registry. It might be possible to verify this, by logging the installer, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11983.msg91430.html#msg91430

anarkia2004tj

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 12:26:16 am »
i will give it a try after i get home from work and report back here. i appreciate your time Sir.

JGowdy3

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 04:51:32 pm »
I just purchased JFK V2 yesterday and am having a similar issue.  The add-on manager says it is active but not copied over to the scenery library.  I'm using FSX (Steam Edition) and Windows 10.  Can someone tell me how to fix this.  John G.

JGowdy3

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 06:06:04 pm »
Got it fixed....  downloaded again and reinstalled.