Author Topic: Windows Xp Support  (Read 2697 times)

Zooferret

Windows Xp Support
« on: August 17, 2015, 01:11:08 pm »
I recently purchased your product and upon installing it I could not find the addon settings under the addon directory inside FSX, however I did find the addon manager. Now, in the GSX manual for Version 1.9.5 released May 2015 I comply with all the system requirements. Here Windows Xp is noted as supported and so is the 32 bit version. The couatl.exe is not a valid win 32 application. If couatl.exe is not valid for 32 bit than how is this addon 32 bit supported?

Please help! I would love to start using this addon soon as I paid AUD$45 for this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Windows Xp Support
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 01:47:42 pm »
The couatl.exe is not a valid win 32 application. If couatl.exe is not valid for 32 bit than how is this addon 32 bit supported?

This problem doesn't have anything to do with using XP. It's a bug of your antivirus, that has corrupted the file trying to "heal" it, because it has mistakenly flagged it as a threat.

As explained in all forum threads about antivirus interference, the solution is always the same:

- Download and install with the antivirus ENTIRELY DISABLED

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

In any case, we updated the Web page with the latest release, and XP is no longer supported. That doesn't mean it won't run anymore, just that nobody of us is testing it under it, so it will be your own responsibility to ensure it works on your system BEFORE purchasing, which you do since the product is available in Trial.

This doesn't have anything to do with YOUR problem, which is caused by the antivirus, but we strongly suggest AGAINST using a 32 bit OS to run FSX, because with the currently available addons, you won't enough enough RAM to run it.