Author Topic: Help w/ GSX please  (Read 8231 times)

jpwflyr1

Help w/ GSX please
« on: August 09, 2015, 05:24:37 pm »
Hello, I have been trying to get GSX to work for quite awhile now.  I have the correct menus in the ADDON drop down menu in FSX, which shows to me that it is installed correctly.  I also get the visual and warning sounds when i hit crtl shift F12 and still have engines running or parking brake not set which makes me think the key mapping is ok.  But when the engines are shut down and the parking brake is set i hit the same key combinations and get nothing at all.  I am not sure what i am still missing and any help would be greatly appreciated as i REALLY want to use this product. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Help w/ GSX please
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 06:09:53 pm »
I also get the visual and warning sounds when i hit crtl shift F12 and still have engines running or parking brake not set which makes me think the key mapping is ok.

This indicates that GSX is working correctly.

But when the engines are shut down and the parking brake is set i hit the same key combinations and get nothing at all. 

Do you still have the "Couatl powered products" menu under the FSX "Addons" menu AFTER you try to call GSX with engines off and parking brakes set ?

Also, are you using the latest version, which we released a couple of days ago ? If not, or not sure, download and install the full GSX installer and report back.

jpwflyr1

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 06:20:52 pm »
i have the "couatl settings" and couatl live update" in the drop down addon menu  but not the "couatl powered products" menu   i had just uninstalled everything again today and downloaded the GSX from the website today to try again before posting here.  thanks for trying to help me :)

jpwflyr1

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 06:26:49 pm »
I also tried restarting the comp and sim after your post  and noticed i dont have a "couatl powered products" in the drop down before doing anything w/ gsx or the sim.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 06:27:01 pm »
i have the "couatl settings" and couatl live update" in the drop down addon menu  but not the "couatl powered products" menu.

That's fine, the menu was named "couatl powered products" (with products being sub-menus of it), in the previous version, the latest one we just released a couple of days ago has two couatl menu entries, with products having their own menu.

But it's the same, the presence of the couatl menus, indicates the program is running and hasn't crashed after you selected GSX.

Are you sure you are not getting any message or alert ? Could be you move the GSX "Verbosity" slider too low, so you are not seeing something that GSX is trying to tell you ?

jpwflyr1

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 06:31:04 pm »
ok.  no thats what baffeled me is that i have the virbosity to "display all messages" and the volume all the way up and those are the only two messages i receive

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 06:34:47 pm »
Try to enable logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX settings. Then try again (pressing the hotkey at a gate with engines off and brakes on), exit from FSX, and post your Couatl.LOG here, which is found under the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder.

Don't quote or post the file inside a post, but ZIP it, and attach it to a message, using the attach function of the forum, under the "additional options..." of a message.

jpwflyr1

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 06:45:05 pm »
hope this helps   at the time of testing i am using PMDG 777F on a cargo ramp in PGUM

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 06:52:38 pm »
Does it happen at another airport ?

jpwflyr1

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2015, 06:59:32 pm »
sadly it happens when i try default airplanes and at all diff airports   i have never had it work.  and i was dumb and just bought it right out w/o trying the demo first but it looks so awesome and i really want it to work and use it all the time.  i did get the engine running and no parking break set when i tried it on the default airbus at denver  then got the parking spot not big enough error.  but when i try to launch gsx in this test situation on cold and dark   i dont even get the must set parking brake message even with the parking break not set.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2015, 07:03:43 pm »
I see from your log that you use MyTraffic. Could you please try to remove the .BGL for PGUM, located here:

C:\FSX\..\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\scenery\BR2_PGUM.BGL

Don't remove it, but MOVE it to a different folder (this is just a test and do it with FSX NOT running!), start FSX, let GSX re-create its cache, and see if it happens even with the default AFCAD.

jpwflyr1

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2015, 07:16:25 pm »
i keep getting a "system error"  unable to load BR2_PGUM   

jpwflyr1

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2015, 09:28:46 pm »
Ok i cleared that up and dont get the error message anymore.  But i still dont get any GSX menu when i hit the hotkeys

jpwflyr1

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2015, 09:30:15 pm »
Also, here is my cfg if that will help with any clarity

jpwflyr1

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 09:24:27 pm »
anything?