Author Topic: Virtual Wing / Squadron  (Read 15646 times)

rlogue

Virtual Wing / Squadron
« on: October 31, 2008, 09:05:29 pm »
Does anyone know if anyone is doing a virtual wing or group using the F-18 in FSX?

Razgriz

Re: Virtual Wing / Squadron
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 10:17:47 pm »
I always thought it was a good idea but I could never find one.

rlogue

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 10:56:07 pm »
It would be a good idea, it's no fun flying around alone... would be nice to work on close and tactical formations, BFM, etc.  You can't shoot anything, but you can go through the motions.

Intrepid

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 03:16:51 pm »
.  You can't shoot anything, but you can go through the motions.

We can work on that ;) ,,there are ways to drop bombs,fire rockets etc if your interested in
adding that to the Hornet, there is free downloads available, nothing in the cockpit to help in
targeting unfortunately, but explosions on the ground  8)  and the visuals of bombs dropping
I would be more than happy to dig up the links if you like

Randy

Razgriz

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 04:04:19 pm »
I'd rather use the Aerosoft F-16.  It has a locking system, and a box.  Keeping that box inside the AA circle of the hud is NOT easy.  (AA Circle is a circle that surrounds the hud when you press the AA key.)  Its really worth the money, and cheap for how complex it is.  It could be around $60 and still worth it.

http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/re/iboshop.cgi?showd440!0,4994962810,10285

Intrepid

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 07:14:21 pm »
I'd rather use the Aerosoft F-16.  It has a locking system, and a box.  Keeping that box inside the AA circle of the hud is NOT easy.  (AA Circle is a circle that surrounds the hud when you press the AA key.)  Its really worth the money, and cheap for how complex it is.  It could be around $60 and still worth it.

Hey Razgriz Hows it going,, I am really looking forward to getting the f-16 but am waiting for a month
for a lot of the bugs to be to be worked out,That and I want the boxed copy and I think it wont be
released for at least a few more weeks. ::) But for rolgue to try some ordinance with what he has he
could try the avsim site

Razgriz

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 07:16:00 pm »
Aerosoft + Razbam = EPIC.

Razbam A6 Intruder has detaching bombs.  I can get you guys some pics if you want?

JamesChams

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 07:24:30 pm »
Aerosoft + Razbam = EPIC.

Razbam A6 Intruder has detaching bombs.  I can get you guys some pics if you want?

Mr. Razbam,

Are you able to drop bombs from the Razbam A6 Intruder in free/online flight or just in missions?  ???
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Razgriz

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 07:27:38 pm »
Missions only right now, but its very easy.

All you have to do is save a flight in Free Flight, then go and edit it with the type of bombs.  I can find them in the mission if I must.

JamesChams

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2008, 08:16:33 pm »
Missions only right now, but its very easy.

All you have to do is save a flight in Free Flight, then go and edit it with the type of bombs.  I can find them in the mission if I must.

Mr. Razgriz,

Thank you.
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 11:41:37 am »
Many people have joined an organization refered to as the "FSX Fleet".  It is losely based on the organization, training and practices of America's armed forces.  Although I am not a member, I have talked to may that enjoy the organization, from 15 year olds to 50 year olds.  It might be what you are looking for, or maybe not, but you should at least take a look at it and see for yourself.  You can check it out at www.fsxfleet.com.  Hope this helps.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

JamesChams

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 06:18:33 pm »
Thank you Mr. jimi08!  :)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

SUBS17

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 10:11:49 pm »
Does anyone know if anyone is doing a virtual wing or group using the F-18 in FSX?

We tested FSXs addons out and unfortunately they don't yet meet the requirements of an online Squadron as far as an active one that uses Air/Air and Air/Ground. Can't use it for proper traps either since you cannot have a moving carrier visible to everyone online. Aside that we do use Hornets and other aircraft in other sims although I am waiting patiently for the next Hornet sim(7G) to be developed either 7G or FighterOps. New pilots are always welcome to the Airwolves just click the link in my sig hopefully the next version of FS will be closer to the mark than what is available at the moment for FSX.

SUBS17

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 10:23:18 pm »

Thats still quite unrealistic and feedback so far on the FM hasn't been positive either its not Aerosofts fault I think its just limitations of FSX but the pit and 3dmodel are outstanding. For proper combat you really need something like Lockon or F4AF or F4 plus Open Falcon(or even Janes F/A-18 yes people still fly it) for online flying. IRL in the F-16 if you switch ACM mode it'll stay locked outside the HUD limits right up to the radars gimbal limits and nowdays with JHCMS and trakir in some sims you can lock outside out to 90 degrees off boresight. For a Squadron type online flying you also rack up points for kills and you want dedicated missions with a definite threat otherwise its like clubbing baby seals. ;D

BTW I think these guys probably use FSX
http://vusn.org/main/

TheRipper

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2008, 01:12:14 am »
The only MAJOR problem with the Aerosoft F-16 is that it was intended for Single player ONLY really. Id like to see someone who can fly that thing with all if the MFD's etc on in the VC and still get 25FPS, which is the minimum comfortable framerate to have. As soon as you throw 1 more F-16 in the session, your FPS tanks.