Author Topic: Any help/ideas left for the bglman.dll error?  (Read 5601 times)

Mariano

Any help/ideas left for the bglman.dll error?
« on: November 09, 2007, 10:21:03 pm »
Hello everyone,

First of all, from the screenshots I've seen, Zurich looks GREAT! Nevertheless, I am experiencing the same problem as many of us with the bglman.dll. I have tried everything suggested on this forum (sometimes twice) and nothing seems to work (Cloud 9 addon manager disappeared, there are no structures in LSZH, and EHAM is gone) I downloaded the latest Cloud9 add-on manager and still not there. Like I've said I've tried it all. If anyone has any suggestions, I will certainly appreciate them. Anyway, thanks for trying to help us.

Mariano

PS:
I get the error: "ERROR - FS9 Flight Simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software. You can continue using Flight Simulator but this aircraft or software will be disabled. File: bglman.dll."
My system specs are: FS9.1, Windows XP 64, Zurich version 1.1
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Any help/ideas left for the bglman.dll error?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 11:27:10 pm »
My system specs are: FS9.1, Windows XP 64, Zurich version 1.1

I think that's the issue. As written in our system requirements, FS9 is only supported on Xp and Vista 32 bit. Vista 64 is supported on FSX only, so I guess the same holds true for XP 64

Mariano

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 11:54:25 pm »
Umberto,

Thanks for the quick reply! I read the system requirements, but I understood that it was compatible with XP (all versions) and only the 32-bit version of Vista; my mistake. Is there any hope of ever seeing a version compatible with XP 64? This is a very sad day for me, indeed. Thanks for your help anyway!
One more question, I read on the General Discussion Forum that you guys have a freeware VHHH product for FS9 on Avsim. Any idea how to find it (author, filename, etc)? After seeing the screenshots of Zurich, I am very excited about your VHHH.

THANKS again,

Mariano

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 03:25:00 am »
Unfortunately, I can't say we are going to support FS9 on XP64, it's really such unusual combination that there are simply too few users that might justify additional support for it.

In FSX, initially (last year, when we did Orlando) we weren't compatible with 64 bit OS, but for FSX it was justified to make an investment and support 64 bit as well. Believe me, adding a new OS to the supported ones, does cost money, if only to have at least one dedicated machine to *test* if something works or not.

FS9 on 64 bit it's simply not a very common combination we are going to support.

About VHHH, it's not ours. There was a discussion about what scenery we might do next, and some suggested VHHH, but another user objected that since there's a good freeware one out there, it wouldn't make much sense.

Mariano

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 02:22:33 pm »
Umberto,

Thank you very much for your help. It is very sad I can't enjoy your scenery, but at the same time it is very refreshing to see such good and quick support!

Mariano