Author Topic: Help!  (Read 8496 times)

nuyorican

Help!
« on: July 01, 2015, 06:24:45 pm »
Not sure what is causing this.  Only see the jetways, not seeing the runway or ground texture details (noticed some bleedthrough of some sort on the runways), and have a sinkhole where the taxiway overpass is. Did the whole uninstall, reinstall with antivirus disabled and have the 2 files excluded and the addon menu is appearing. Renamed the mytraffic 6 bgl for KDFW as well (so as not to have it conflicting). But no change. Only other addon sceneries active are my airport X files for the NY area and my latinvfr for San Juan.  FSX is not in compatibility mode and made sure the trust certificates were cleared prior to reinstall. So couatl once again set to run everytime FS starts and it is the latest version as I even did the reinstall of the addon manager after the reinstall of the scenery didn't fix the issue. Mesh settings at 100 and 10m (even tried higher than 10m and no change) as per the manual.  Looks good in pictures online but right now it feels like money lost as I can't seem to get this to work.
[i

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Help!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 09:49:15 pm »
the addon menu is appearing.

The usual question:

Do you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl powered products" menus under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

nuyorican

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 11:43:54 pm »
yes, both show up and scenery shows as Active not installed in scenery library.  Also did the couatl.ini file to create a log as well and not noticing anything wrong. looked at exe.xml and dll.xml and they were set as false for the <disabled> line.  Went into the fsx.cfg and deleted the lines for the two files off the trusted and restarted and no change (still have to keep clicking yes to allow couatl to run). Disabled all my addon scenery and traffic in the scenery library but still nothing.  Been going through this forum and trying any fix that others may have done to no avail.  As this is the first scenery I have installed for that area since installing FSX-SE (and its the only FSX I have installed). Just stuck with jetbridges, sinkhole with no textures or buildings being loaded.   

couatl v2.0 (build 2378)
log started on Wed Jul 01 15:09:38 2015

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to SimConnect
bglmanx non ready yet, waiting.
connected to bglmanx
Running in mode: FSX Steam Edition (bglmanx setting)
Loading addons
requesting AddOn list to bglmanx
bglmanx list contains 23 AddOn(s)
Loading addon ENBR
Addon ENBR not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon OHareX
Addon OHareX not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KDFW
Addon KDFW loaded
Loading addon LSGG
Addon LSGG not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon f18ag
Addon f18ag not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon GSX
Addon GSX not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon HAWAII1
Addon HAWAII1 not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon HAWAII2
Addon HAWAII2 not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon PHNL
Addon PHNL not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon JFK
Addon JFK not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon JFK2
Addon JFK2 not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KFLL
Addon KFLL not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KIAH
Addon KIAH not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KLAS
Addon KLAS not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KLAX
Addon KLAX not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon ParkMe
Addon ParkMe not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon CYVR
Addon CYVR not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon XPOI
Addon XPOI not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon ZurichX
Addon ZurichX not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KSFO
Addon KSFO not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KPHX
Addon KPHX not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KIAD
Addon KIAD not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Loading addon KDEN
Addon KDEN not installed or missing one or more files, skipping
Starting system monitors
Current locale is English_United States.1252
disconnected from SimConnect.

nuyorican

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 12:54:52 am »
Just to try something out, I downloaded the KIAH and installed to see it that would kick start anything. went to Dallas and nothing. Immediately switched over to Houston and this picture shows the result.  What can be causing this?  I'm runnning in DX10 mode with the DX10 fixer having been ran to fix the DX10 mode to work correctly.  Don't recall it doing anything with any terrain mesh files, and as I said the only addons have been in the NY and Puerto Rico area.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 10:48:02 am »
Since you are using the FSX Steam edition, I suggest to try the Couatl 3 Public Beta here, which fully supports FSX:SE

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11796.0.html

nuyorican

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 11:25:02 am »
What will be the recommended way to proceed? Uninstall everything, then reinstall the scenery, then install the beta and then run FSX?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 11:27:31 am »
First, try to simply do what the post  says:

To update to the latest Couatl version, download this version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/sa-addon-manager-setupx

This will update your existing installation to the Couatl 3 engine, without any need to reinstall other FSDT products.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 11:38:12 am by virtuali »

nuyorican

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 07:25:27 am »
No luck. Installed Beta 3, and the addon manager installation went fine as it shows up in FSX and functions, but unfortunately did not resolve the scenery issue. Even ensured the adaptive AI wasn't enabled with the ATI drivers (saw that somewhere in the forums). I am starting to run out of ideas.  What files are supposed to be in the KDFW/scenery folder? In the couatl/KDFW folder?  Just including snapshots so you can see if everything looks right to you.  Seems like it's another scenery that may be messing with it but there is nothing else installed for that area except the default items. Thanks again for any assistance you can provide.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 11:53:59 am »
Enable Logging from the "Troubleshooting" section of the "GSX - Settings" menu, and post the Couatl.LOG file that will be generated inside %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder after launching FSX AND position the airplane at KDFW.

nuyorican

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 08:11:31 pm »
I decided to go the extreme route an uninstall and re-download/reinstall FSX-SE. MAde sure all folders for FSX and the sceneries were deleted. Did not tweak anything in FSX except for the anti-aliasing and filtering settings (along with disabling aircraft labels). Shut it off and then installed KDFW. Went to KDFW and then it looked as if it didn't work and then after about 4-5 seconds the scenery loaded and looks AMAZING!  Will start switching over to DX10 mode and reinstalling my other sceneries and addons one by one to see if anything interferes.  If it does I will try that last reply to see if it shows what the trigger is.  Just looked as if something was messing with the mesh so figured I wipe everything out (but tried to avoid as long as I could as it's a big download.  Oh well, its working for now.  Thanks for the responses and a great looking product!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2015, 08:36:47 pm »
If reinstalling FSX:SE fixed the issue, it's likely you had a problem with the registry keys being messed up, due to having removed FSX without reinstalling FSX:SE